Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 3,300 miles on the clock and my FI light came on. I searched the forums for similar threads and haven't really found anything. I don't know why the light came on all of a sudden. Does anyone know what the cause would be? :dontknow: I don't want to take the bike to the dealership unless I absolutely have to. The bike doesn't seem like its running any different. I also saw that there is a way to get the bike to throw code? This is done by grounding a connector that's just chilling under the seat? haha :shortbus:

I have a bazazz z-fi unit and full exhaust. Could one of these be the culprit?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just hit 3,300 miles on the clock and my FI light came on. I searched the forums for similar threads and haven't really found anything. I don't know why the light came on all of a sudden. Does anyone know what the cause would be? :dontknow: I don't want to take the bike to the dealership unless I absolutely have to. The bike doesn't seem like its running any different. I also saw that there is a way to get the bike to throw code? This is done by grounding a connector that's just chilling under the seat? haha :shortbus:

I have a bazazz z-fi unit and full exhaust. Could one of these be the culprit?

Thanks in advance!
So you changed nothing and it just randomly came on? I know you said you added that stuff but I mean not right after but sometime after? If so it could be something I have no clue with but try unplugging he battery for 10 minutes then putting it back in. If that doesn't work, maybe something was not tight all the way and loosen the rest up after ridding.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you changed nothing and it just randomly came on? I know you said you added that stuff but I mean not right after but sometime after? If so it could be something I have no clue with but try unplugging he battery for 10 minutes then putting it back in. If that doesn't work, maybe something was not tight all the way and loosen the rest up after ridding.

Correct! Mods went on right after break in or right around ~1,200-1,500 miles... I figured out just now though. I ran the self diagnostic and found out it's the exhaust butterfly valve actuator. Called the dealership and its $235.00 to replace. So in other words, it's $235 to make a stupid red light stop flashing.. Hmm:headshake:BangHead::BangHead:

·
Registered
598 Posts
buy a resistor to fool the ECU into thinking everything is fine. A number of aftermarket exhaust companies offer them with exhausts that remove the butterfly valve.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think I saw one for $89 on oppracing or insuperbikes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Have you checked the voltage of your battery ?? or if it is charging ??If its not charging well for any reason (rectifier or stator) it may come on.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You may want to check the error code also, on your meter. Put the bike on diagnostic mode and check the code. You have a link here to download the service manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts