Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just had my bike dyno'd the other day and I have a couple of questions.

My bike is fitted with a Akrapovic Slip-on with Link-pipe and a PCV. At the star of the dyno I was running 156rwhp and after being remapped I got 162rwhp. Spoke to some mechanics at the Kawasaki service centre and they seem to think I should have been in the mid 170's atleast.

Just want to know if these results seem right or should I have gotten more?

What have you guys gotten from your bikes and what mods have you done to get the best results.

And what can I do to get into the 170's?

Cheers
Sutto

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
All dyno's read differently. If it is faster than it was before the dyno then the job was done (if the power is higher then you're good). A dyno is a tuning TOOL not a measuring stick.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
All dyno's will read differently. The dyno you were on 162, go to another and it may say 172 or 152. They should just be used as a tuning tool, or you will just get wrapped up in the #'s game. Take your bike to the track to more accurately find your performance #'s

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Dude those numbers seem solid, EVERY DYNO IS DIFFERENT...Could also be differences between SAE and STD. But they seem good...

Best thing I say after a good tune is...DOES IT FEEL BETTER? Power?Throttle response, over all feel? If it does who cares about numbers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, good response. Got plenty of track days lined up after xmas.

Haven't had a chance to take the bike out yet due to work, will take it out over the weekend.

Cheers again

·
5,932 Posts
Had to ask, either way keep us posted and the nexted time you talk to the Kawasaki service center or what ever ask them what they meant by numbers? Either SAE and STD!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude those numbers seem solid, EVERY DYNO IS DIFFERENT...Could also be differences between SAE and STD. But they seem good...
Sweet, haven't dyno'd any of my past bikes before so this will sound stupid.... but whats the difference between SAE and STD?

My readings were in SAE.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
SAE and STD are correction factors. Correction factors attempt to standardize the numbers that dyno's read on different days. They correct for atmospheric conditions, barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity. For this reason, a vehicle will typically be within 5% of the same reading on any day, even though there could be a 50hp difference between 100 degree day numbers and 30 degree day numbers uncorrected(no correction applied). STD is not as aggressive as SAE so the numbers will be higher. SAE will produce the lowest numbers. Uncorrected will show what the vehicle is making RIGHT NOW but may not be truthful for every day of the week.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
5,932 Posts
^^^Good write up man, I wasn't trying to go into detail hence my link LOL...Oh well you nailed it on the head with a short and simple route. I doubt I could of done that LOL...

to me sae will be more accelerate thats why I asked him to ask the techs...all the bikes night rolling dynos will be running std hence why there numbers are always higher and they are meant to me. example I had my bike dynod at a1 cycles and it put down 168 or something. Went out to the bike night, rolling dyno there said 179. something...BIG DIFFERENCE...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^Good write up man, I wasn't trying to go into detail hence my link LOL...Oh well you nailed it on the head with a short and simple route. I doubt I could of done that LOL...

to me sae will be more accelerate thats why I asked him to ask the techs...all the bikes night rolling dynos will be running std hence why there numbers are always higher and they are meant to me. example I had my bike dynod at a1 cycles and it put down 168 or something. Went out to the bike night, rolling dyno there said 179. something...BIG DIFFERENCE...
Thats a huge difference!!! I'm slowly starting to understand.

I found another dyno chart from my bike, I got a copy of the Power/Time reading. At 4.3 secs my Hp has increased by 8.2hp!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Do you know what brand of dyno was used? Dynojet? Super Flow?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts