Speedo Healer
Rear Spools
Sato Frame Sliders

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Removed passenger pegs (.5-1 lb)
removed stock rear fender (about 1 lb)
replaced boom box with Akra link pipe (about 5 lbs)
replaced stock pipe with Leo Vince slip on (about 2.5-5 lbs)
removed front blinkers (.5 lb)

starting next week when my new race fairings come in...
swap whole body for race fairings and minimal lights (should save 5+ lbs)
remove emissions (should save 2-5lbs)

·
Registered
253 Posts
you gotta go to a local metal yard or recycle center that has a big scale in the ground. also dragways but im not sure if they just do cars

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey Anthony....they have a scale at Sacramento raceway...when I go there next year I can show you....it may not be calibrated like the Mags do but get you in the ball park. My 04 was an even 400lbs. :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
with some fuel. :mrgreen:

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
my bike has got to be pretty light. id love to know what it ways now. but i guess i can kind of figure it out. i think stock is 397lbs dry. so i probably dropped close to if not more than 30lbs. :thumbsup:

akra full evo titan. system
marchesini magnesium wheels
titanium rotor bolts
removed smog parts and ex. servo
vortex gas cap and base
520 chain conversion
speed cell battery (just ordered yesterday)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my bike has got to be pretty light. id love to know what it ways now. but i guess i can kind of figure it out. i think stock is 397lbs dry. so i probably dropped close to if not more than 30lbs. :thumbsup:

akra full evo titan. system
marchesini magnesium wheels
titanium rotor bolts
removed smog parts and ex. servo
vortex gas cap and base
520 chain conversion
speed cell battery (just ordered yesterday)
thats what i think i drop about 30 would be nice to see

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Yes sir, if you want to drop weight, race fairings, full exhaust, and anything you dont need for the street! thats if your tracking her. I dropped 50+ pounds easy off my 07cbr1000rr I had for the track...between wheels,exhaust,fairings,misc and the 36 pound headlight housing LOL. Heck half that damn bike was carbon fiber...

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
i'll let you know what I lose in february. I've got aftermarket rearsets which I'm pretty sure saved 1-2 pounds as the stockers are HEAVY!!! Full carbon fiber fairings, f/e, much lighter mirrors and so on I'll have a full list in my thread when it's done. My end goal weight when I'm finised my bike is 400 pounds with a full tank of gas. I might also be getting a 1 off carbon fiber gas tank!!!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have done everything listed, and I also removed the front sprocket cover....that's pretty heavy and not needed...it also looks better without it.

I figured I shaved somewhere near the 30lbs mark... mostly from going to a full titanium Exhaust system.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
it all adds up!! Only thing I had a problem with when I did my 07cbr project. It got so light that up front I had to shim it down a 1/8 inch just to keep the nose down at the track! Shit that bike brand new wet only weighed 400 and by the time I was down was around the 345 mark!! but the honda was a lot lighter then my zx10 so...

445-450 wet compared to 400-405 wet is huge

·
Registered
447 Posts
gotta remember, eveyone praises how much the cbr1000rr is so light it and it feels like a 600. Its 440 lbs wet. I did the exhaust and mirrors, those stock headers are super heavy, I can convert it into a bat or something. I would say I saved around 8 lbs with the headers alone, its like holding 3 boom boxes! Which should put me under the 440 mark somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts