Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone purchased the Corbin seats for their 08-09 ZX10R. I heard there were issues with fitment and poor customer service on previous years. They are pretty expensive ($259-front $189-rear). I was looking at just buying the front but my wife hates the stock rear seat. Said its like sitting on cement. So I have to get both. Thats $448 frickin dollars!!! If Im going to spend that much, the seats better fit like a glove. Anyone get them yet?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I had a Corbin on my CBR and hated it with every fiber of my being. A broom handle would have been more comfortable.

I had a Sargent on my 51 and it was great-if you are a little guy and never want to move around on the bike. Just like the Corbin, it felt like it was shaved lower. But the Sargent kind of cradled your dumper. It made moving around on the bike a little awkward. At 6'6" with 36+" inseams, I need all the legroom I can get. Shaved seat? NFW.

I went back to stock. I've got the stocker on my 10 and won't even consider an aftermarket. For 450 bucks, you are halfway to a shock. Good suspension setup is better than a flashy uncomfortable seat.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I was reading a post on the Kawiforums about the 07-08 ZX6R seats not fitting properly either due to hardware being incorrect so Corbins problems are not just with the 10R seat!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts