Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wanting to mount my plate near the rear shock and finially got around to doing it. I started going through some of my scrap pieces seeing what I could use, ended up being a piece from the stock fender. The one that had the 2 reflectors mounted to it. All I did was file to notches to allow the plate to angle a little more, and I had to trim the side plastics to allow for this 1/8" bracket. Used a dremel and it worked like a charm. This is my first "how-to" if you wanna call it that; so don't hesitate to ask me any questions. Thanks and good luck!:eek:ccasion1

The Stock Reflector Bracket

Showing the Filed Notches

Plate Mounted with LED

Where to Bolt Bracket

Bracket Bolted Up Showing the Filed Notch

Side View of Bracket Bolted Up

Finished

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dude, that is excellent!! you dont have to spend any money if you use your head a little!! I might do this also. THX!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Very nice and very cheap way to make that, I take it you have a integrated tail light also?? where you get that led plate light?? and how much was it??

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Ha ha that's what I did with my 07....Good job!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Very nice and very cheap way to make that, I take it you have a integrated tail light also?? where you get that led plate light?? and how much was it??
Yes, its the black tint clear alternatives light, which is great!
The led plate light I just had laying around, it is similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-LED-WHITE-Motorcycle-Car-Lights-Neon-FX-CHROME_W0QQitemZ200317486766QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Players?hash=item200317486766&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318

Except mine had 5 leds. I had to disconnect 1 though because it requires too much current for 5.

·
Registered
447 Posts
double U, oh, double U. This is great I was thinking of making one out of sheet metal and totally over looked the old bracket, now I just need that integrated tail light. how did you get the led on there

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
That's freakin' awesome, good job man!

Ha ha that's what I did with my 07....Good job!
Same here, I've got the Barely Legal Acc. kit on mine though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I never liked that kind of eliminator myself, but to each his own!

Youre lucky, that kind of fender eliminator (because of the plate location) is a quick ticket here in Northern California. 2 of my riding buds got popped last summer within days of doing that type of setup. 1 of them, did it again a month later, and got popped again within that week. Hehe, slow learner....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a way to find out if it's legal in my state (Texas) without having to learn the hard way? :lol:
Not sure where to look, but I kind of wondered that before I did it as well. Cops generally arent too bad here. I figured the plate needs to be visible and have a light, so I put the LED on there and you can easily see the plate from behind. I could be wrong, but I do not recall ever hearing the plate must be mounted in a specific location.:dontknow:

I never liked that kind of eliminator myself, but to each his own!

Youre lucky, that kind of fender eliminator (because of the plate location) is a quick ticket here in Northern California. 2 of my riding buds got popped last summer within days of doing that type of setup. 1 of them, did it again a month later, and got popped again within that week. Hehe, slow learner....
I wouldnt call me lucky, because we dont have those nice roads here.:BangHead:
I guess if I find out the hardway, I'll let ya guys know.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. I'm not sure the exact words of the law, I just figured it had to be visible and lighted. Anyone know where I could find what exactly the law is?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts