Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the two piece 08-09 zx10 subframe I think I could retrofit it onto a 1st or 2nd gen. Actually bolting it onto a 2nd that will fit a 1st. I have a damaged 2nd gen subframe that is broken off right after the main seat (exactly where the second piece of the 3rd gen bolts on) Looking at the two tail sections and as long as they are similar widths I believe this piece would be able to bolted on along with the corresponding tail. It would retain the 1st-2nd gen tank fairings but would have the 3rd gen passenger seat, fairing and tail light. I really like the look of the 3rd gen but don't mind the 2nd either. I thought I would throw this out there to help others that might want to do it. Or see if somebody has a 3rd gen second half they'd want to sell for cheap. Hell I would build it if somebody wanted to buy it off me. The piece I'm looking for is $142 on bikebandit.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmo...ki-motorcycle-zx1000e8f-ninja-zx-10r/o/m17998

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
It isnt going to fit. If you need proof search within this forum. If you want to be the guinea pig and make it work let us know!

BTW, it has been done on an 04 but it was more than just a sub frame swap.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK then... Been on here awhile and hadn't really seen anybody try it. The offer still stands though if anybody has one cheap they want to get rid of, I'll try to make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts