Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who other than Ohlins makes complete kits for the 10. Complete rear shock is definately something I want, but the forks I could work with just a cartridige kit. I found some race tech stuff but not enough for the front end. I am trying to get away from the top dollar cost of Ohlins but still have better performance than stock set up, as I am just too heavy for stock (200 lbs)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I highly recommend Penske. A double clicker shock runs about $750. They also have two triple models depending on how much you want to spend. You can have the forks redone with Penske internals and custom setup for about $500 to $600 depending on your needs.

While race tech internals are significantly better than stock, they don't compare to Penske or Ohlins.

Give Matt a call

http://www.mdracingstp.com/

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I knew of the name after you mentioned it but I didnt see it anywhere to buy. I will certianly use them as it sounds they are more long my budget and performance desires. I want a bike that has balanced suspension where I can be confident in a turn where the front wheel will not slide.

·
Registered
387 Posts
traxion makes the ak-20 cartridge kit that is pretty good as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
To heavy.... Really? I by no means am a suspension guru, but I have been doing some research. From what I understand the bike is set up by the factory for 150lb rider. I am 200lbs. On my bike the sag was 10mm higher than what it was supposed to be, if that is, the factory set it for 150lb rider. So I made the proper adjustments to lower it about 5mm. What a difference it made. I have not messed with the clickers yet, as I am inclined to adjust the trail next by re-positioning the fork tubes in the triple-trees. I have not seen a track day yet so I speak from an exclusive street riding stand point. What adjustments have you made with your factory set up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts