Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 08-09 ram air duct fit a 04-05 frame i might go with a 08-09 front end instead of the 04-05 front end just need to know if the air duct works

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you can messure the back of the air duct or the inside of the frame where it goes up and down and side to stide please thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also can some photo shop a 08 front end on to this picture would like to kinda see how it looks

thanks

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Interesting Idea, suscribing to see what comes of it. I have tossed around the idea a few times, The side fairing mounts are way off, but that hurdle can be overcome, the front fairing mount/ram air duct lining up would be a big step.

I was one of the first guys in the country to swap out their 99 ZX-9R front end for the newer 00-03 style, so this intriques me. Even though I am not a huge fane of the 08-09 bodywork.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting Idea, suscribing to see what comes of it. I have tossed around the idea a few times, The side fairing mounts are way off, but that hurdle can be overcome, the front fairing mount/ram air duct lining up would be a big step.

I was one of the first guys in the country to swap out their 99 ZX-9R front end for the newer 00-03 style, so this intriques me. Even though I am not a huge fane of the 08-09 bodywork.
when i put the 08 tail on my 04 -- i checked out the air duct on the 08 to see if it would work --- i never had the 08 duct in my hand -- but it looked like it would work ---

i'm like U tho --- i like the 04 front end better

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If we're talking about race bodywork I really like the look of the 3rd gen, stock for stock the 1st gen looks better though... just voicing my opinion.

I had heard that the 3rd gen ram air is revised and presumably better though. With the amount of custom fabrication already on that bike I don't see why such a small factor would prevent you from doing whatever front-end you wanted. That arm looks nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts