Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*SOLD*08-09 ZX10R KIT ECU
Programable Launch control, Ignition cut for Quickshifter, Pit lane speed control, 2 stage adjustable rev-spike control, and much much more. Ecu has small chip in case, not through the case. Has been repaired. Ecu works perfect !!
Comes with Software disc and manual. SOLD

KIT SUB-HARNESS
Needed to run Kit Ecu. This harness plugs in to stock harness.
*comes with $35. Kit handlebar switch needed to use Kit Ecu*
Excellent condition. $90.CDN

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If I knew some one who could tune this system I would consider it. where are you located?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The kit ECU on the Gen 3 is well worth it, IMHO.

I've spent the last year testing and tuning the kit ECU and for a street application and being able to adjust many of the parameters of the engine is well worthwhile. The ability to advance the ignition will add power, controling the secondaries, extend the revlimiter, launch control, quickshifter, and customize or turn off the KIMS.

The fuel mapping is insufficient. There is just not enough resolution to get the bike to fuel properly as throttle position goes from 50 to 75 to 100%. I run a Bazzaz ZFI to map the fueling and it runs really well and throttle response is terrific. Without the ZFI and relying on just the kit ECU, it was really rough.

Also, there is no fan function so you'll have to rig a switch (like I did) or wire it so that your fan stays on all the time.

The downside is that without the tuning cable (which is expensive), there is no advantage as everything is zero'd out. In fact, I'd say an untuned kit ECU will be worse than a stock ECU as the base fuel map is way too rich on the bottom end, and much too lean on the top. A lot of the advantageous features are also defaulted to be off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kit ecu

If I knew some one who could tune this system I would consider it. where are you located?
I'm located in Nova Scotia, Canada.
I have the PC download cable in a seperate ad, as it will work on all ZX10R and most ZX6R. Once you have the cable, it's just trial and error for setup. Launch control is the best, I got the holeshot in all but one race this year, sometimes from third row !!

·
T Double D
870 Posts
what would you take in us money?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts