Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
No, I got mine for $150. Check with Superbike Supply. Looks like you have a racefit growler though and wouldn't need this unit. What's the story? I added it to my Hotbodies MGP growler which didn't eliminate the boom box. So, I bought this Akra pipe and it was way too loud with it on without the boom box. So it was on and off, and sold in less than 24 hours. Good gain in the midrange though, but made it run like crap down in the low rpms. Only saved 3 lbs with the Akra link pipe over the boom box. The Boom box is only 5 lbs. Not as bad as everyone thinks. It's straight through also, but perforated. So, it's not all that evil.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I got mine for $150. Check with Superbike Supply. Looks like you have a racefit growler though and wouldn't need this unit. What's the story? I added it to my Hotbodies MGP growler which didn't eliminate the boom box. So, I bought this Akra pipe and it was way too loud with it on without the boom box. So it was on and off, and sold in less than 24 hours. Good gain in the midrange though, but made it run like crap down in the low rpms. Only saved 3 lbs with the Akra link pipe over the boom box. The Boom box is only 5 lbs. Not as bad as everyone thinks. It's straight through also, but perforated. So, it's not all that evil.
thanks good info -- yes its not for me , my growler works great after i had it dyno , cool ill tell him were to get it cheeper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts