Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

07 zx6r nissin brakes on a a 07 10r?

3K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  bullitt5234 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have 07 zx6r nissin calipers for my 07 zx10r, I got new ebc pads because the 6 and the 10 pads are not interchangeable. My question is if im using the 10 master cyl do i use the 10 brake lines? I noticed the lines are about a inch longer n the banjo bolt location is a bit different. Anyone run this setup?

#5 ·
Finally got my bike all back together and this was one of the mods I did. I can't even rave enough about how much of a difference it made. I added the Galfer Superbike lines too and the stopping power is finally what it should be. If you have not done this or a similar mod yet, DO IT!!!

#17 ·
You'll barely be squeezing with only one finger to stop as well, man you can shed so much speed. My bike brand new out of the crate never matched the braking performance in any aspect. Way too much initial lever travel before they really grabbed, and from triple digit speeds there was just too much travel. With the Nissins and aftermarket lines just a light squeeze can send you over the bars or into the ditch.:badteeth:

flthy1, not only the brakes but that front tire was HORRIBLE! Rear shock is pretty shitty too IMO...

#20 ·
I seriously cant wait now, they come fedex tomorrow:mrgreen:! WOW, barely squeezing with only one finger hu? Thats insane! I have to squeeze damn near all the way in with my stockers so Im really looking forward to putting these calipers on along with my Fren Tubo CF lines!
When I took off the stock Tokico's, my right side caliper had a decent amount of BLACK fluid, I'd say 15-20cc's sitting right in the bottom, after that the fluid was clear. I blame that primarily on the routing of the factory lines, but still thought that was just a little odd, and upsetting. I never had to squeeze the lever to the throttle like some people state, but that's just because I never had a consistent amount of high heat in the calipers probably.

The worst it ever got was my lever did hit my ring finger a few times braking hard, now if my lever were to be that far back it would either be broken, or my face would be about 4 feet from eating pavement.

Some guys dont' think they're that great but for me it was a major improvement, now if I could only get the lever feel that my buddies 08 6R has, even less initial travel!

#16 ·
you guys are gonna hate me!! i bought a rear seat for an 04-05 gsxr for $23 shipped, and traded a friend of mine for a set of zx14 nissins!! my friend owns a motorcycle shop here in houston. so i basically bought a set of zx14 nissin calipers with pads for $23!! :D

#19 ·
Well damn...with all this talk of calipers. I have a set of 07 zx6r calipers sitting in my closet that I bought for my 2nd gen 10. Well now I have a third gen...so its time to sell them. Ill make a thread for them, but just thought I would mention them in here.

#22 ·
AWESOME!! :thumbsup: you're gonna LOVE them!!! :eek:ccasion1

#23 ·
Can one of you guys give me a complete run down of the exact years and bikes and caliper brand for which I could look into getting better brakes for my 07 ZX-10R.

And any other parts I will need like bolts, lines ect...

I just got my bike this week and I am learning the factory brakes are JUNK! The Brake leaver hits my hand during braking. And I am not sure how long I can take this! HAHA
Thanks

#33 ·
I just put a set of 07 ZX6 nissin calipers on my 06/10 and first thing I noticed was the stock lines were to long annd that bothered me so I got a set of SS 06 lines for the 07 ZX6 I went with the 2 line system and the length is perfect the brakes work like they should.:eek:ccasion1 I have 1 ride to work and back on them and I noticed a bit of a vibritation when the bike is neering a stop like from 10/15 mph to finial stop so I lifted the front wheel on my front stand and spun it and there is a light drag from the pads.Is this normal until they break in, or is one of my calipers sticking? I had a little trouble bleeding one side because of a little crap in the caliper when I installed them.
Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.