Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is a little background. I've raced this guy 3 times now from a dig and beat him everytime. I'm 5'9 175 unsuited and he's probably 6'2 and 250. He wants to do a roll on race at 70 and seems to think that he can catch me up top. We are both stock geared, my mods are listed and he has a slip on. Does he have a chance? What gear should I be in? He will probably want for us to both be in the same gear. I don't think he's got a chance in hell IMO :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I suspect over 150mph the 14 will start to walk you....but you have some mods so may be a good race all the way to 180mph

bloo

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect over 150mph the 14 will start to walk you....but you have some mods so may be a good race all the way to 180mph

bloo
I guess we're going to have to hop over the border and see :crackup: I think the only way he stands a chance is doing a roll on :spit:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I guess we're going to have to hop over the border and see :crackup: I think the only way he stands a chance is doing a roll on :spit:
yeah Mexico has nice roads :lol: never agree on a gear just MPH to start gearing and RPM is key. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah Mexico has nice roads :lol: never agree on a gear just MPH to start gearing and RPM is key. :wink:

bloo
LOL yeah he was trying to get me to say I would do a roll on in 4th gear at 70 or something and I said no way. I'll do whatever mph you want but I pick my gearing

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
LOL yeah he was trying to get me to say I would do a roll on in 4th gear at 70 or something and I said no way. I'll do whatever mph you want but I pick my gearing
smart man :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hmm, I have a 14 now and when I race zx10s from a dig I win, when I race from a roll on the zx10 pulls several bikes then I start to reel them in.

The fact that the guy is 250 pounds makes the biggest difference, and you should beat him.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Stock gearing, yeah first gear at 70mph. You will be in sweet spot up high in R's but not too high. He will be likely in second gear so he has more TQ to pull.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
wish there was bikes to race around me, all i get is stupid civics trying to race me, a waste of gas:eek:ccasion1
lucky! I dont get anything trying to race me...:angryfire

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Not 1st at 70! It'll shoot sky high when yo crack it. 70mph is right in the meat of 2nd. If you were lowered and stretched then yes 1st but the 14 isn't gonna wanna wheelie like you will in 1st.. I raced my buddy on a busa with a big motor and walked him up top. With the weight diff I don't see him catchin you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not 1st at 70! It'll shoot sky high when yo crack it. 70mph is right in the meat of 2nd. If you were lowered and stretched then yes 1st but the 14 isn't gonna wanna wheelie like you will in 1st.. I raced my buddy on a busa with a big motor and walked him up top. With the weight diff I don't see him catchin you.
:+1:
70 mph in 2nd and you still may be looking skyward.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
2nd gear @ 70 on an 05 will point you toward the sky. Still use second and sit as close to the tank as possible. As you hit 3rd, shit the weight to the back of the seat to get as tucked as possible. Don't blink till you see God!!!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Im sorry, but if op doesn't know what gear he should be in, or how to keep the front down maybe he shouldn't be attempting this one. That being said, huge weight difference, and I haven't met a 14 yet that can beat a modded 10.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im sorry, but if op doesn't know what gear he should be in, or how to keep the front down maybe he shouldn't be attempting this one. That being said, huge weight difference, and I haven't met a 14 yet that can beat a modded 10.
:spit: :crackup: I don't do the roll on stuff so that's why I asked. All drag races have been from a dig. I'm well aware that in 1st at 70 if I hit the throttle that I'll be looking at the sky. I was looking for the perfect spot incase someone with more actual race knowledge had some insight. I know how to handle my bike, I've been riding it since I bought it in 05 without putting it down. Thanks for your concern. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah I still haven't been able to get this race done.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We raced from the dig again, the guy on the 14 had lost 24 pounds so he wanted to run again. I still beat him by 3 lengths, I left at 6k RPM and that felt pretty good but for some reason I never went full throttle until I went into 2nd gear lol. I should have beat him by more IMO but it was fun. We still need to do a roll on race. I think I want to get a QS now lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts