Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the site so wassup to all. I am currently looking into getting a 07 or an 08. If you can tell me the biggest diferences in the 02 it would be great,
I want a bike that is good on the streets but would also like to do some 1/4 mile runs at the track. The 07 is already set up for the track (lowered, air shifter) both bikes look great but I really would appreciate any advice and or comparisons as all I know about Kawi is what i have read on here over the last week or so. Thanks again for any input.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The 08 has more power, but to me it doesnt look as good as the 07.. there both fast bikes, but you really cant go wrong with either bike. I would go with the 08 if you can get a good deal on it.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Go with an 08 for a couple reasons. 1 it's faster period, 2 it's more recent so there should be more parts available, 3 if you get an exhaust it's going to be cheaper. I mean either way you aren't gonna go wrong. Go with which ever you like better. I'm personally not andante of the 2 gen. I used to really like it's looks but that died long ago. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would never buy a 2nd gen just because of its looks. I cant stand that bike, it looks like it has downs.

The 08 seems to be the best 10r so far, if you're worried mostly about speed go that route.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, I want to lower and stretch the 08 if I get it, what is a good price or route to go when doing this? Please keep the info coming Im learning alot just sold my 600rr after 4 years with her

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
While we could go into a long storied debate about the differences between the two bike. Things like brakes, suspension, etc. It all really boils down to one fine point. Name the last time a Kawasaki was on top of a major race podium and you will find the answer you are looking for.......

Chris Walker Assen 2006 on board a GEN II ZX10R

SUCK IT GEN III **** :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
oh snap!! the generation war has begun!!! the 2 gen is way better! do you know why? because it sits in my living room as we speak!!!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I would never buy a 2nd gen just because of its looks. I cant stand that bike, it looks like it has downs.

The 08 seems to be the best 10r so far, if you're worried mostly about speed go that route.

Looks are what you make them, I personally think my 06 looks better than ANY Third gen on the site.

And another thing, I have not seen any significant proof that the 08-09 bikes make more power than the 06-07 every dyno I have seen for the 06-09 bikes are all around the same. Comparing dyno numbers from different dynos on differnt days, in differnt parts of the world over the internet is pretty pointless IMHO anyway.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Looks are what you make them, I personally think my 06 looks better than ANY Third gen on the site.

And another thing, I have not seen any significant proof that the 08-09 bikes make more power than the 06-07 every dyno I have seen for the 06-09 bikes are all around the same. Comparing dyno numbers from different dynos on differnt days, in differnt parts of the world over the internet is pretty pointless IMHO anyway.
:+1: Plus, I haven't had ANY Gen 3 take me yet, either on the street or track. :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
more love for the 2nd gen:thumbsup: They are by far the sexyest of the ZX's:cool:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Sorry guys i got to say it but the Gen 1 really does top both Gen 2 and 3's.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have 2 gen ones and they are the sickest, fastest, and lightest of the bunch. Sorry gen 1 wins.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I think this is the first Gen war thread of 2010
Congratulations!!! :wav:
:wav:
:deadhorse:zx_green:
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:crackup:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
1 - 20 of 98 Posts