Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 zx10r would like to know what bolt on parts or engine work i can do so i can get the most out of my zx10. I want to unleash the beast. Some guys told me about a head and cam package how do i go about doing something like that?? Im looking forward for any and all suggestions. To much suzukis giving alot of mouth out here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Stock you can already beat them, do a search and find the service manual and also find a good tuner, also remember no matter how much power you put in it you (a) have to stop so if you didn't do it yet pick up some new calipers from a zx14, zx6 or even a cbr again do a search for years and materials needed, and also going to need some great rubber to be able to put that power down, half the time just getting new rubber will make the bike feel new. But since you asked the question...racing camshafts, bmc or k and n air filter, header back exhaust race pipes which just bolt right up to where the headers are now (a lot of members like the apro full set up) and if you still want power after that you are insane, but you could skip all of that drop some teeth for better acceleration and put the 1/5 throttle on it, both of those ones have been talked about 1000 times and pictures how to do it are all over this forum. If you have a death wish though throw a turbo on it and call it a day, exactly one day before you kill yourself but at least you got a good day out of it haha.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Easiest and cheapest thing u can do is the 1/5th and change ur gearing.

once u get into engine work its expensive as shit and if u do one thing u might as well do another and another while its all torn apart. I know this bec im abt $6k in the hole on my motor lmao.

the 08 race cam can be had for abt 150 plus shipping and then u can just weld exhaust pin onto the original intake cam and just use it for the exhaust side. I have one for sale if interested.

Head porting on the other hand is not as cheap. looking at around $1000 for a CNC port and valve job. When u do the cam ull be better off adding titanium retainers and carpenter valve springs which is 350ish together. A thin head gasket can be had for abt $30 to bump the compression as well

Here is the link to my build thread, Im still waiting on my crank to come back in before I can order rod and main bearings and then ill be ready to put it together. http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138289

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can polish the heads in your garage fairly easily to allow easier flow, just don't want to take to much off or you screwed yourself on it. But like I said first you can beat Suzukis, actually all Japanese bikes are better than the gsxr so R1, CBR, and ZX10 will beat it and the gsxr will most likely blow up before the race ends haha

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
polishing your head in the garage is very easy................that comment just made my day
:+1: the head comes from Kawi polished already, the only thing u can do is have it ported even more and possibly have it machined to accommodate larger valves but unnecessary for typical street use

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easiest and cheapest thing u can do is the 1/5th and change ur gearing.

once u get into engine work its expensive as shit and if u do one thing u might as well do another and another while its all torn apart. I know this bec im abt $6k in the hole on my motor lmao.

the 08 race cam can be had for abt 150 plus shipping and then u can just weld exhaust pin onto the original intake cam and just use it for the exhaust side. I have one for sale if interested.

Head porting on the other hand is not as cheap. looking at around $1000 for a CNC port and valve job. When u do the cam ull be better off adding titanium retainers and carpenter valve springs which is 350ish together. A thin head gasket can be had for abt $30 to bump the compression as well

Here is the link to my build thread, Im still waiting on my crank to come back in before I can order rod and main bearings and then ill be ready to put it together. http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138289

What is 1/5 throttle and wat type of gearing.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Any place u guys know where i could send the head to do work on it.
RCs performance did mine. Its $1000. Carpenter is $1400.

Pm the member Rifleman and tell him u want one. Its $25. As for gearing most common is -1,+2 and ull need a speedohealer bec ur speedo will be way off and say ur going abt 20 over what ur really doing and itll rack up extra miles on the cluster if u dont get it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Cnc port and full radius valve job for both. Difference in price is whos doing the work basically. Be sure to send the intake boots too. I used a gen 1 head that didnt come with boots so hsd to hsve a buddy mail them a set

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can polish the heads in your garage fairly easily to allow easier flow, just don't want to take to much off or you screwed yourself on it. But like I said first you can beat Suzukis, actually all Japanese bikes are better than the gsxr so R1, CBR, and ZX10 will beat it and the gsxr will most likely blow up before the race ends haha
You'll be shooting yourself in the foot without a flow bench.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok kinda needa break down of bolt on parts and anything else in detail what it is where i could find it and what it does to the bike. Ex. Race cams location to buy things like dat so i could start my search. What does a 1/5 throttle do? All suggestions r good but was leaning more to a head and cam job with a few bolt ons to. Looking to make a hidden beast to unleash when those gixxers start talking smack.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Ok kinda needa break down of bolt on parts and anything else in detail what it is where i could find it and what it does to the bike. Ex. Race cams location to buy things like dat so i could start my search. What does a 1/5 throttle do? All suggestions r good but was leaning more to a head and cam job with a few bolt ons to. Looking to make a hidden beast to unleash when those gixxers start talking smack.
Kawi doesnt make the race cam anymore u just have to find somebody selling one. I have an unused one. The 1/5th makes it so u dont have to turn the throttle as far to get to wide open. It makes the bike more responsive. U dont have to reposition ur hand anymore either to go WOT.

RCSperformance.com schnitzracing.com aperaceparts.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quicker response on the throttle. And im contacting rifleman about? Dont i need two cams? And wats ur price on the cam.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Rifleman makes the 1/5th insert. U pay him and he makes it and ships it.

No u just need the intake race cam. U will then find somebody to weld the cam position pin onto ur stock intake cam so that u can use it on the exhaust side.

$150 plus shipping is what I paid. Its unused so price is firm

·
Registered
198 Posts
07 zx10r would like to know what bolt on parts or engine work i can do so i can get the most out of my zx10. I want to unleash the beast. Some guys told me about a head and cam package how do i go about doing something like that?? Im looking forward for any and all suggestions. To much suzukis giving alot of mouth out here.
This is going to depend on how much you want to spend. When I bought my 06 I put quite a bit into it. 3800 later. it is a night and day difference from stock. The only motor work I have done is racing cam and thinner head gasket. The one thing I can say is that each part complemented the other. Powercommander, ignition module, cam, head gasket, good map for both, filter, exhaust, -1 on front sprocket, butterflies removed, servo motor open 1/5 throttle insert. I can't hold it down in first, second, third, and it pops up in forth. I have to short shift the first three gears at 10,500 cause she will flip over. If I don't use the clutch when I shift, it continues to climb. Im sure there will be other suggestions. All I can say is that it will get expensive. Out of all honesty, if you are doing this to beat the next guy, don't bother cause all you will have is bragging rights that your bike is faster in a quarter mile. You won't be spending your time there anyway. So go take a class on how to ride the shit out of it, leave it stock and enjoy leaving your friends in the dust on the road.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Best thing you can do is learn to ride it better. Most of the mods everyone is talking about are pretty common for sportbikes.

Start with air flow new filter bmc or k&n I'd go with the street model unless you like a lot if dirt in your engine. This allows more air into the engine and equals more power with a proper tune.

2nd get a header back or full exhaust. This allows air to flow out easier which equals more power when properly tuned.

3rd install a bazaaz or power commander and get it dyno tuned. This sets your fueling to optimize its efficiency and give more power. These three mods should be done at the same time to maximize their effect on the bike because they work together in adding power. If you've got the money Get an ignition control module and have it tuned for race fuel but tgats expensive and not really neccesary.

4 + 5 are the throttle insert and gearing.

6. Upgrade your suspension what you need depends on the type of racing you are doing.

7 get a quick shifter makes it so you don't need to use the clutch to upshift making your shifts faster and keeping the engines power up.

8 If you are talking drag races only get a stretched swing arm. Helps keep the front of the bike down under hard acceleration.

9. Do the engine work mentioned above.

10. Get turbo or nos and a new dyno tune.

By now you will have enough money to have just bought a faster bike or two wrapped up in this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts