Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I've recently taken delivery of my "new" '07 ZX10r and the back tyre is shot. It's a track only bike so I'll be running Pirelli Supercorsas on it. The new standard for Superstock is a 200 55 17 tyre and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. I generally run in the middle of the fast group on my 600 so I would hope I'll be there or there abouts on my 10r once I'm used to it. Obviously in that group you are going to edge of the tyres etc. but I'm under no illusion that I'm Marc Marquez and won't be drifting 50m's up the straights on exit and backing it in wildly on the entry.

Has anyone vaguely quick actually tried a 200 tyre on the back of an older ZX10r because so far I've only heard speculation. One guy who's opinion I trust has said the 190 would work better but I'm wondering how big the difference actually is. The reason for the potential change is basically the availability of the size as a part worn due to most of the Superbike racing now being on the new size. Any knowledge would be gratefully received.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts