Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow ZX-10'ers

Now, I know that the 07 ZX-10 has an inherent problem with it’s front brakes so I have taken the following measures to help the issue: Braded lines, Dot 5 fluid with EBC pads however they are still not up to par.

A friend recommended the following, before going to bed:

Pull in the brake leaver as close to the throttle as it will go then secure it there with a strap, net effect is the brake leaver is engaged for eight or so hours.

Now when I do this the brakes “feel” more responsive and the brake leaver has a much more “firmer” feel to it and the “travel” (finger pull) seems a little less to engage the brakes. However as the use of the brakes goes on throughout my ride they soon return to their “spongy” state. Any ideas as to why this temporary procedure works for a short time and what could this mean?

Have bleeded the brakes several times, all good.

Also does going to an aftermarket “short” lever such as a Pazzo do anything at all to increase braking performance? Other then providing one/two fingered braking.

Cheers, Nick.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,396 Posts
Save yourself the trouble. Everyone has gone through the same stuff and come to the same conclusion. You need the CBR1000 or ZX-6R Nissin calipers to fix the problem. That's it. You can try the above things and it might feel better initially, but you need to fix the problem by doing this. Serach Ervins "the brakes are fixed" thread for all your info.

·
Registered
319 Posts
ZX-6R/ZX-14 NISSIN calipers. Same cxaliper and a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX-10R. Been there, done it, etc..... Did it to my 07 and my 08.

Take care.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,396 Posts
ZX-6R/ZX-14 NISSIN calipers. Same cxaliper and a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX-10R. Been there, done it, etc..... Did it to my 07 and my 08.

Take care.
Oooooo...your '08 as well, huh? Direct bolt-on for the Gen3? I've been wondering about that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oooooo...your '08 as well, huh? Direct bolt-on for the Gen3? I've been wondering about that.
Sorry, I did not specify. It is not a direct bolt on for the 08. You will need 5mm spacers with a center hole larger than the bolt. Can't remember the exact measurements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts