Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son (mshepard 133) and i are getting into this rebuild pretty good now. all body work off being sanded for all black paint. grudge tail with tail light being installed, flatlink to go with billet pan. heads off being ported and decked with radius valve job. ignition kill swapped for fuel kill. nitrous with spraybar, nos mini and dual hub. will post pics of progress. goal is 165-170 mph streetbike.

Attachments

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Very nice. Is this the one the guy on here was selling along with the trailer?
Either way, sounds like you are off to a good start.

Gen2 FTW!!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Very nice. Is this the one the guy on here was selling along with the trailer?
Either way, sounds like you are off to a good start.

Gen2 FTW!!
Correction my man, Gen 2 FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
That'll be a nasty bike for sure. One of the best looking Gen2's on the site imo. The black bodywork will really bring it right to the front. Can't wait to see progress pics!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the new tail is a +6 catalyst, tailight is integrated turn sig. forks lowered 2" internally, flat link will allow us to lower and adjustable bones for the street, also different rear tire. will be a good chassis, now got to make some power.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no lockup, although it would be better. couple of reasons, bike is not gonna get beat to death on strip, just ocassional weekends and two natl's in valdosta and a well built clutch with the right plates and spring pressure will hold. done all the time in real street with mph approaching 180's.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There was a bigger fella running a zx10 in real street last year before he switched to a 14..I think his shop is koala performance..he was going 8.0s-8.1s. I would look him or JNM performance up since ur on the east coast.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Very pretty. Looks like you didn't take out too much. What cams and exhaust will you use? Good luck, Dean

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
the port is first cut with a double cut carbide cone burr at low speed, cuts very smooth resulting in cut alum. the texture of salt. the area under the insert is bowl ported by raising the roof, narrowing the divider, and widening the opposite side.the short side is radiused and deflashed well only, to the end of the port. finished with 60 grit cone roll and scotch roll at low speed also.valve insert will be bored out 1 mm, blended to the port and finished with a radius vj. this is a little nitrous motor and a good ex. port is beneficial to the nitrous.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts