Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone checked out this month's issue (actually March 2007, go figure) of Sport Rider? They (or rather West Coast Gp Cycles) dynoed the bike @ 156 RWHP (12,100 RPMs), and 75.3 RWTQ (9500 RPMs).

Rolls Ons:
60-80 = 2.79 sec
80-100 = 2.87 sec

1/4 mile
9.86 sec @ 147.0 MPH (corrected).

Plus's
-stronger engine
-improved suspension, chassis
-slipper clutch

Minuses
-less low end torque
-12lbs heavier
-minor low RPM fueling anomalies

Strikes
-Almost as track focused as the R6...:headshake

I'll withhold my final judgement (so to speak) for the comparo articles, but thought these results were interesting nonetheless...

D

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
motrcylist/sportrider, tested the 06 zx10R at 166hp at the wheel for what its worth, kind of a high BS number but, still 10 more than the R-1 got when you look in the back of the magazine, if thats your thing,

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...the jist of the article....better on the track, not as good on the street compared to the 06 model.... :headshake

For those liter bike junkies who like "bottom end bite" in their sport bikes, the new R1 has noticably less, with more throttle and clutch slippage needed to take off from a stop...., according to the SR reviewers anyways....

D

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Yeah, and supposedly, this if from yamaha mind you, swithcing from 5 valves to 4 and the variable intake stacks were supposed to fix yamaha blatent hole in the bottom and mid, WTF over, I expected it to be down a few on top, and strong as a gixx and 10 down low, oh well, glad i went with the 10 now, I could'nt pass it up anyway, I bleed green.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yamaha should be ashamed....Their focus for a liter bike is nutz. The bike would be decent if it had more Tq. More w8 and less Tq...The comparo is going to show the weakness alot more. I'm stepping out and saying the '07 gixxer is going to destroy all the others. The 10r would be the next in line....if I had to guess.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...everything I'm readin', portrays the new R1 as being designed with the same "no compromise" "track oriented" inclinations as that of the new R6 (albeit not quite as persnickety on the street).... For that reason, I fear that (espeically for those of us who buy these bikes for street use only), the new R1 might suffer the same lack of "appeal" as that of it's little brother...

D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
the new r1 is sweet. not as sweet as my 05 10r but the r1 does have some good technology. the thing i like about the new r1 is the new 6 piston monoblock calipers. i wanna fit em to my 10

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
10roller said:
the new r1 is sweet. not as sweet as my 05 10r but the r1 does have some good technology. the thing i like about the new r1 is the new 6 piston monoblock calipers. i wanna fit em to my 10
Already thought of that, the bolt spacing looks like it is larger though, might have to swap the fork as well

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
GreenMachine666 said:
Wow it was high gear to begin with and this model was suppose to change that.....lol guess not. SO now they have a bike that is less on the looks, less on the power range and gaining wieght? Wow good one yamaha....

All of these same "claimes" were attributed to the 06 ZX10R compared to the 05..........and look in racing trim its a proven faster bike.

I think you will all be suprized at how improved the R1 is. If anyone thinks its not improved or a fast bike. Roll up to a guy on one and flip him off at a light lined up, or on the highway. You better hope your ass "you" can out ride him because no ZX10R, GSXR, CBR or YZF is gonna.........the bike is FAST, just as they all are.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Bad MO4 said:
12lbs heavier :eyecrazy: looks like the first gen 10 is still the lightest liter bike.

Since 05 the Japs have conformed to a different emissions standard on the bikes. With that said the 04-05 ZX10 may very well be the lightest liter bike for a while.

But a few side notes.

1) remove the exhaust from the bikes and put them back on the scales, you may very well find the later to be lighter.

2) 10lbs is not a "huge" load on a liter bike or any bike with good power. Prime example is the GSXR750. The 04 model added about 10lbs over the 00-03 GSXR750, but is a vastly improved machine.

"Peak" hp and OEM scale measures are not the truest indicators of the "best" bike. Don't know why people are stuck on that so hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts