Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in a local Yamaha only dealership last night with anthem158 (congrats on the R6), and me BS detector was going off all over the place with this guy on the new R1.

1: His little Yammi bible said it had 185 horses at the tire ON THE DYNO. I'm thinking they are using peak HP for marketing.

2: It is soooo comfortable (gixxers and CBRs are downright unridable) (trivial I know)

3: Yamaha has patented the hydroforming process to cast the frame (I don't care really, but it bullshite)

4: On the R6, new for '07 is fly by wire and other odd refinements. I.E. whole new bike from '06.:crackup:

Now, I know this isn't indicative of ALL salesmen actually but....GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT AT THE VERY LEAST.

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I always find it very sad that I know 10 times as much about the bikes in the dealership than some of the sales people do. To bad they don't make more $$ or I'd have to change professions. Ahh the knowledge I've learned from ZX-10r.net

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Those are just marketing techniques. They said thesame think when 06 ZX10R 190hp include the ram air don't believe the hype. I saw the 07 R1 nice bike brembo mc, 6 piston caliper and more forsure Yamaha invested alot on the new R1.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
when i bought my 10, the sales dude knew jack about the bike. I schooled him on it pretty much. from then on are talk was of the sale that was it.. i know he felt owned.

But the service guys know whats up.. good in my book for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
dude was shook up when you asked him for any info to back his statements. He was yelling for the salesman for his little 4x3 inch bullshit bible, looking in the filing cabinets, trapper keepers and nothing. The results were right in front of him the whole time on the puter.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
anthem158 said:
dude was shook up when you asked him for any info to back his statements. He was yelling for the salesman for his little 4x3 inch bullshit bible, looking in the filing cabinets, trapper keepers and nothing. The results were right in front of him the whole time on the puter.
:lol:

Let's see some pics of the new ride. :ttiwwop:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Actually he did have one thing right, Yamaha did patent the hydroforming technique for their frames, wheels, and swingarms. They were one of the first companies to do it. Makes the frame thinner because the casting is more dense with less porous areas in the frame.

·
Registered
777 Posts
sneaky said:
Actually he did have one thing right, Yamaha did patent the hydroforming technique for their frames, wheels, and swingarms. They were one of the first companies to do it. Makes the frame thinner because the casting is more dense with less porous areas in the frame.
controlled filling I believe it's called and they came up with that about 5 years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts