Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Those are the same colors of my VFR750 Interceptor back in the day...the write up says it all, it was one bad bike for the day...this new one brings up memories but I'm into 1000s now. :wink:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
uh oh.. honda finally putting ram air on the bike,.. that means 08 the 1000rr will have it.. still kawi will whip up on them.. LOL

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quick question...why did honda wait so long to put ram air on their bikes?? One of my boys got a 2003 954RR, with no ram air; another one of my friends had a old SRAD that had ram air.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
munchie said:
Quick question...why did honda wait so long to put ram air on their bikes?? One of my boys got a 2003 954RR, with no ram air; another one of my friends had a old SRAD that had ram air.
i cant say why exactly but they are the most conservative of all the bike companies over the years. suzuki has been ahead of the game for several years with the srad..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
munchie said:
Maybe they are getting ready to make an attack now to be on top. I hope so, competition means better bikes. I was Honda for ever like the link showed with the earlier Interceptor and first production 750 to get into the 10s ¼ mile, but bikes got better and Honda slowed down so I went Kawi..Honda has not done it for me since. :headshake ...with their new Interceptor I am thinking they are coming. will I change?. who knows. hard to be way better than a 10R and Honda is starting late in some catorgories.:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Actually Honda have been doing RAM air for a while... RC-51, cbr600f etc. What do you think that big gaping hole is. and all the current shape blades have ram air aswell. Only its hidden. Look under the front fairing and you will see where the intake is. Yamaha on the other hand only put RAM air on for the first time on the current model R1.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That bike looks sharp. Maybe honda is finally stepping up to the plate.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Mustard said:
Actually Honda have been doing RAM air for a while... RC-51, cbr600f etc. What do you think that big gaping hole is. and all the current shape blades have ram air aswell. Only its hidden. Look under the front fairing and you will see where the intake is. Yamaha on the other hand only put RAM air on for the first time on the current model R1.
thats not ram air on the 04-06 blades.trust me i had an 06.. at 120mph you could stick your hand in front of that air scoop thats hidden behind radiator,headlight,horn,forks etc.. and you feel barely any air.. we logged the airbox pressure as well and its so up and down and doesnt hold any steady pressure compared to the zx-10.. the rc51 i forgot about having ram air.. i never really considered the RC a performance bike.. to me its a pig.. just like the 1000rr..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts