Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another forum. I know this is a zx10r forum but we have many members with multiple bikes(Ruthless Racing is one of them) and I am just looking out. I also, reported the R1 recall for our R1 owners on this site.

"Anyone seen this, mine is affected :BangHead: Certain 2007 GSX-R1000K7 motorcycles starting with and including VIN:

JS1GT77A*72100028 through JS1GT77A*72103940
JS1GT77A*72104330 through JS1GT77A*72106054
JS1GT77A*72106145 through JS1GT77A*72107523
JS1GT77A*72107644 through JS1GT77A*72107883

Parts

Rotor Kit Contents Qty
Generator Rotor 1
Generator Cover Gasket 1
Generator Rotor Bolt 1

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
2007 GSX-R1000
GENERATOR ROTOR REPLACEMENT

Dear Suzuki Owner:

Our records indicate you are the current owner of a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000 motorcycle
included in this Customer Satisfaction Program.
Suzuki has received reports of reduced charging system output on certain GSX-R1000K7
models. There is a possibility that the generator rotor mating surface has irregularities that
may result in loosening of the bolt which secures the generator rotor, resulting in reduced
charging system output. The reduced charging system output can result in discharging of
the battery preventing the unit from starting.
Contact your Suzuki dealer to schedule an appointment for the Customer Satisfaction
Program service. Your Suzuki dealer will replace the generator rotor on your GSX-R1000
with a new generator rotor.
If you do not reside near the dealer from whom you purchased your GSX-R1000, or you
purchased your GSX-R1000 from a private party, you can contact the nearest authorized
Suzuki dealer to schedule an appointment for the service. You can obtain information about
Suzuki dealers in your area by calling the toll-free dealer locator telephone number of 800-
828-7433.
To save yourself time and travel, do not bring your GSX-R1000 to your Suzuki dealer until
you have made an appointment. Please be aware that no other condition or service is
covered by the Customer Satisfaction Program. The cost of any additional service you ask
your dealer to perform is your responsibility.
If you have an additional question that is not addressed in this letter, please do not hesitate
to contact your Suzuki dealer or you may contact the American Suzuki Customer Service
Department for assistance using the direct Customer Service telephone line at 714-572-
1490. You will need to have your Vehicle Identification Number ready when calling.
We apologize for any inconvenience this action may cause, but we are certain you
understand Suzuki's interest in your satisfaction with your GSX-R1000 motorcycle.
Sincerely,
American Suzuki Motor Corporation "

Someone from the site also reported "Suzuki will be mailing the recall letter May 21 to everyone who is affected by the recall"

bloo

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Maybe I don't soak up everything I read here, but I didn't even know you had a K7 Blue?:dontknow: BTW good info...I will let a rider bud know. :thumbsup:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Maybe I don't soak up everything I read here, but I didn't even know you had a K7 Blue?:dontknow: BTW good info...I will let a rider bud know. :thumbsup:
I think it's a quote Morris. Or does he have a K7? :dontknow: :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a quote Morris. Or does he have a K7? :dontknow: :mrgreen:
:+1: I did use these """"""""... I know RR on this site has a K7 and members may have buddies with K7s...just something to pass along.:wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:+1: I did use these """"""""... I know RR on this site has a K7 and members may have buddies with K7s...just something to pass along.:wink:
Thanks Blooo.:thumbsup: Mine is one of them,:sad: but I'll probably wait til after the season is over to have it changed. I checked it and it's still charging.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Blooo.:thumbsup: Mine is one of them,:sad: but I'll probably wait til after the season is over to have it changed. I checked it and it's still charging.
Sorry to hear but glad you got the heads up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Sorry to hear but glad you got the heads up. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I registerd on gixxer.com and that forum sucks ass!!!:mrgreen: Glad you guys still let me hang out!!!:lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Aren't you worried it could quit on you while you're riding somewhere?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I registerd on gixxer.com and that forum sucks ass!!!:mrgreen: Glad you guys still let me hang out!!!:lol:
I actually found that on psychobike....but yeah that's sad you had to find it here and nobody mentioned it on the gixxer site :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Aren't you worried it could quit on you while you're riding somewhere?
Aaaa, "I live my life a quarter mile at a time!!!" :crackup:

I really don't ride on the street much. :wink:

·
Registered
415 Posts
and our pos motorcycles(just kidding) have so many recalls I mena 1 that I am aware of for a stupid bolt being loose, suzuki's suck!! i think at least

1 - 19 of 19 Posts