Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if any one knows what kind of increase in hp and torque I can expect going from a CBR1000RR 07 to the 08 ZX10R. I hope I made the wise choice to the 08 Kaw.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
there are a couple threads with #'s for the 08. So far hp seems mid 160's - low 170's and torque in the low to mid 80's. Clueless bout the hp of the 1000rr but you should have a good idea about that.

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have an 04 and my friend has an 07 1000rr after riding my 10r he has admited that the 10r feels alot stronger in fact The first words he sayd as soon as he got off the bike was THAT SHIT IS SCARY MAN!! he rode it a few weeks ago and really loved it iam sure the 08 was a good choice for you congrats. and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
199 Posts
LMAO My buddy also has a 07 1krr piped with a power commander and said the exact same thing after he got off my stock bike " Fuck that thing its scary fast." side by side on the highway I dont leave him like hes standing still or anything but seat of the pants it feels alot faster due to the nasty top and rush that pulls right to the rev limiter unlike the honda. Ive always rode a honda but can honestly say I will never go back to one even if they are great bikes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
there are a couple threads with #'s for the 08. So far hp seems mid 160's - low 170's and torque in the low to mid 80's. Clueless bout the hp of the 1000rr but you should have a good idea about that.

Low 170's?? Wanna toss me some of what your smokin'??? Stock HP on an 06/07 is mid 150's. There's no way they bumped the HP up nearly 20 horses. I'd say maybe 165 at the MOST. But you'll still never go wrong with the Kawi....

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Low 170's?? Wanna toss me some of what your smokin'??? Stock HP on an 06/07 is mid 150's. There's no way they bumped the HP up nearly 20 horses. I'd say maybe 165 at the MOST. But you'll still never go wrong with the Kawi....
Link to thread
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50436

I think there was one also about ricky gadson with on 08 putting down something in the170's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Link to thread
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50436

I think there was one also about ricky gadson with on 08 putting down something in the170's.

Well...There's also this one....

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51916

I'm not saying that people aren't getting those kinds of numbers, but realistically, I honestly doubt it.... That is just way to big of a jump for a stock bike. Numbers are just numbers to me anyway. One thing I think we'll both agree on is that the Honda is definitely lower on HP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All my buddys ride R1's, GSXR's and a couple Ducatti's and I can take them all from 0-140 ish on the RR beacuse of the torque and power down low and mid. This is what I want from the Kaw but more troughout the whole band, hope it produces;I am a 260lbs guy so I like the low and mid torque most. I will find out Saturday when I get to FL.

i have an 04 and my friend has an 07 1000rr after riding my 10r he has admited that the 10r feels alot stronger in fact The first words he sayd as soon as he got off the bike was THAT SHIT IS SCARY MAN!! he rode it a few weeks ago and really loved it iam sure the 08 was a good choice for you congrats. and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
957 Posts
All my buddys ride R1's, GSXR's and a couple Ducatti's and I can take them all from 0-140 ish on the RR beacuse of the torque and power down low and mid. This is what I want from the Kaw but more troughout the whole band, hope it produces;I am a 260lbs guy so I like the low and mid torque most. I will find out Saturday when I get to FL.
i think your a way faster rider than all your friends are then. most of my friends also ride gixers and r1s i only know one guy with a second gen 10r and the few that i have let ride my bike have gave me nothing but good comments about it except about the handeling which i do accept the first gens tend to feel alittle shaky and nervous compared to other bikes

·
Registered
551 Posts
On road, "racing" is kind of stupid. I've been riding on the limits and above on road, and it ended in the ditch. A friend of mine is not yet recovered after 5 years.

I'm not getting the bike to "race" on roads this time, but to have a thrilling ride without having to go over the edge.

Kawasaki seems to be able to make thrilling rides! I've ridden R bikes from most other makes, and none of them are as thrilling. Most are boring, even though they are easier to ride fast. But, then again, going close to the edge and over on road is stupid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts