Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here own a 07-08 chevrolet tahoe?? My question is "How is it" ? Im thinking about trading in my 07 honda civic si for one. I already have an 2000 si. I need something with some room and to haul my bike.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
those trucks are great! but do you need something that big? remember those trucks drink gas like a mothefugga! if i was you i would rather get something smaller like a tacoma or a frontier :dontknow:.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not gonna be my daily driver, I'll still have my other Si. Mainly for traveling, my buddies, family, and pulling that bike and everyone's comfortable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a '07 Yukon. Not bad. It is the 5.3. GMC come with limited slip Tahoe is extra. It will get 19-20 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. Averages around 15. Mine has the second row buckets.

For a 5,000 pound + vehicle it handles pretty well, brakes good, fit and finish good.

Rack and pinion steering, fourwheel disc brakes, rear sway bar. The civilian model is electronically limited to about 112, I think. The tested the police interceptor Tahoe with the same engine and I think it did 148.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a '07 Yukon. Not bad. It is the 5.3. GMC come with limited slip Tahoe is extra. It will get 19-20 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. Averages around 15. Mine has the second row buckets.

For a 5,000 pound + vehicle it handles pretty well, brakes good, fit and finish good.

Rack and pinion steering, fourwheel disc brakes, rear sway bar. The civilian model is electronically limited to about 112, I think. The tested the police interceptor Tahoe with the same engine and I think it did 148.
I priced one yesterday, at our local chevrolet dealership. He didnt have the color i want, or the price i was looking for. They wanted $38,000 for the lowest model. Told them no thanks plus i'm trading in my 07 Si.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have a 2005 Tahoe, bought it summer '06 w/low miles ( 8 k).

Hauls great, I average 17 mpg/ freeway @ 75 mph with trailor/1 bike plus my track

day crap (canopy, genny, stands, tools ...).

:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
the tahoes are nice, but you should check out the nissan armada. i've got one, love it. i've driven the tahoe/yukon and am really glad we got the mada. got the 5.6 v8, lot more power than the gm. also, i have a 5-speed auto as opposed to the same 4-speed auto gm has been using for 30 years. and the mada has independent rear suspension, so it rides great, handles great. check one out. i got mine with 19k on it for $26k. the 08 models have some pretty hefty rebates on em right now; a guy on the armada forum picked up an 08 se for like 34 otd.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have you thought about getting a four door truck. still can haul the same and maybe get a little bit more gas milage. just a thought
Im really looking for something to travel in with a few friends and family, so everyone can be comfortable and be able to haul a few bikes. I live in Mississippi, not too far from Memphis or Georgia. Love to go to NHRA events and planned on going to a few AMA prostar events this year. Me and a few friends. Im gonna check on the Armadas also.

·
Registered
455 Posts
dude i have an 05 suburban and its great the new ones are even better. I would buy it you will be happy. It gets better fuel mileage than my fj cruiser. I think that the small pickup by toyota and nissan are a waste of cash. I know guys with xterras and tacomas things get crappy mileage.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
How many people are you dragging along and how heavy is your trailer?

Unless the trailer is beyond the towing rating, I'd be looking at the Lambda platform vehicles (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, Saturn Outlook) rather than the T800 trucks. The Lambdas have the 3.6 high-feature V6, and ought to be a *lot* better on fuel, and with much better ride and handling.

Heck, if the trailer isn't enormous and you're not hauling 7 people, even a Suzuki XL7 (the new one) might do the job. Same base vehicle as Chevrolet Equinox / Pontiac Torrent, but with the same 3.6 high-feature V6 (instead of the China-built pushrod 3.8 that the Equinox has!) and the XL7 has an optional third row of seating. Not much cargo space left if you need all three rows, though. The Lambda platform vehicles are bigger inside.

Seems little point to go Tacoma/Frontier; the little trucks have gone big and suck practically the same gas as the big trucks. DUMB but it is what it is. I had a 1984 Toyota 3/4 ton pickup, 4 cyl 5 speed two wheel drive. Whole truck weighed 2700 lbs, and the carbureted 4-banger moved it along quite nicely. I had two bikes in the back of that a few times, and towed a trailer with two bikes many more times.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
by the way, I tow 2 bikes in an open trailer behind my Jetta TDI. The car does fine, and it uses 8 L/100 km (30 mpg US) with the trailer in tow at 120 km/h (70+ mph). You don't need a truck to move a small bike trailer.

If you have a *real* trailer, it's a different story, of course ... but then you need a *real* truck to pull it, and *real* trucks have diesels ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts