Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy picked up a green 06. We only raced from a 40-50 mph roll in 2 nd to 5th. The new bike handed me my ass. 3-4 bikes easily. I usually pull most guys so i am very very impressed with the 06. He was bone stock. My mods are a Full Evo2 system, custom map, Mussy HG, degreed cams and 16T and a quick shifter. We tried it several times with the same results. I would jump out a bike off the bat but he would drive around me. Now flame away if you want to but my bikes gone 146 mph in the 1/4. So the new 10's arent to shabby. We will be at the drags tomorrow night for some ET's.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I don't think anyone here has said that the 04-05's were faster than the '06's. I would be shocked if Kawi built a slower 10R.

I am surprised that he would pull on you by that much given your mods. From what I've heard, an 04-05 with a slip on is a pretty good match up with an 06 given equal rider weights and abilities. The new 10R also has an aerodynamic advantage at high speeds.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im 195 hes about 160-170. My bike isnt slow by no means its one of the faster ones in town. Rider weight maybe had something to do with it. Needless to say i got some shit about this. All in good fun. I was really surprised about the distance in bikes. Anyways we will be racing at the strip tonight.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
DethsZX10 said:
Im 195 hes about 160-170. My bike isnt slow by no means its one of the faster ones in town. Rider weight maybe had something to do with it. Needless to say i got some shit about this. All in good fun. I was really surprised about the distance in bikes. Anyways we will be racing at the strip tonight.
rider weight has every thing to do with acceleration............but not top speed :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Keep us updated on the ET's ya'll get tonight. :helmet:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'd say the result was more a matter of gearing. After the initial hit he was covering more ground per RPM. The 06's are indeed fast. They accerate very cleanly and are deceptive in their acceration from the driver's seat.

·
Registered
403 Posts
DethsZX10 said:
My buddy picked up a green 06. We only raced from a 40-50 mph roll in 2 nd to 5th. The new bike handed me my ass. 3-4 bikes easily. I usually pull most guys so i am very very impressed with the 06. He was bone stock. My mods are a Full Evo2 system, custom map, Mussy HG, degreed cams and 16T and a quick shifter. We tried it several times with the same results. I would jump out a bike off the bat but he would drive around me. Now flame away if you want to but my bikes gone 146 mph in the 1/4. So the new 10's arent to shabby. We will be at the drags tomorrow night for some ET's.
Were you at WOT on all gears???? With your Mods you should have dusted his ass....Something is not right....

·
Registered
103 Posts
going by the latest "weigh in", Sport Rider mag said the new zx10 was 18lbs heavier than the 04-05s!:eyecrazy: So, apparently the rider+bike weights were actually closer than you thunk.:badteeth:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Hooray for progress!

The 04-05 owners can bitch and moan about all the things they hate about the new bike but the fact is it's a better machine. And the black is gorgeous.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Andy said:
The 04-05 owners can bitch and moan about all the things they hate about the new bike but the fact is it's a better machine. And the black is gorgeous.

Well seeing how you opened a can of worms....Give us some examples of how it is a better bike??? Seeing how all the magazines are putting it in last place behind the "HONDA" If I recall the 04/05 won superbike of the year 2 years running..........Umm...that is not saying much for the new 06 if a HONDA is beating it according to the Mags.....Get your facts straight before you come on here saying how us 04/05 owners are bitching and moaning about how "Great" the 06 is....I could care less...Its still a Kawa.....that is all that matters.......

·
Registered
403 Posts
Another thing......The mags are saying the bike is more tame, more rider friendly....they are not saying it has more power and blows away the 04/05....

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Well, aren't we a bit testy? Damn calm down.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
And if you didn't notice Andy rides a 04.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey Sgtusmc 96....Lick my balls!!!!!! He started not me........... So you can kiss my ass too...."HEY WIPE THAT BROWN SHIT OFF YOUR NOSE"!!!!!!!! Typical MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!! If he was a CPT would you shine his boots for him too!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yo Fellows,
1 Mag Says The 06 Is The Best Of The Bunch...another Mag Says Its The Worst Of The Bunch...i Think We All Need To Keep In Perspective That Every Motorcycle Magazine Has Its Share Holders And Tend To Appeal To The Hand That Feeds Um. If You Think Everything Printed In Publications Is The Gospel Then Why Is Everyone Different????? I Trust 1st Hand Results By Real People Over Magazine Stand Sales And Large Full Corporate Pockets.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Wicked Webby said:
Yo Fellows,
1 Mag Says The 06 Is The Best Of The Bunch...another Mag Says Its The Worst Of The Bunch...i Think We All Need To Keep In Perspective That Every Motorcycle Magazine Has Its Share Holders And Tend To Appeal To The Hand That Feeds Um. If You Think Everything Printed In Publications Is The Gospel Then Why Is Everyone Different????? I Trust 1st Hand Results By Real People Over Magazine Stand Sales And Large Full Corporate Pockets.

:+1: I think everybody takes it so personal about the 04,05 vs. 06 stuff. My opinion, I think all the mags are full of shit. If you like what you ride, cool, great but I wouldn't be so quick to say any bike is better then the other. We are all Kawi family, so what does it matter which one is better or faster or any of that bullshit. It doesn't, everybody calm down.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I think that the 06 is a good machine, rides nice. Wish I could have compared it to the 04 or the 05 though. With my settings. I am comfy with the 06 so far. I am close to 190 geared up and still enjoy the power. Keep the Good Times arollin'.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Dragone said:
I think that the 06 is a good machine, rides nice. Wish I could have compared it to the 04 or the 05 though. With my settings. I am comfy with the 06 so far. I am close to 190 geared up and still enjoy the power. Keep the Good Times arollin'.

What is your gearing? Im 190 and I was thinking about going down a tooth in the front but im curious to see what your gearing is.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts