Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick story, I was out a couple of weeks ago riding when one of my boys packtalk stopped working. We pull over in front of (bartels Harley) and get off to try and sync back up. Anyway I guess I stood the bike up a little too straight and wind and the wind by passing cars blew the bike right over? on the right side. Broke the mirror, lever, bar ends, and cracked the lower right plastic.

I searched for small mirrors everywhere and only came up with Chinese pig spotter and bar end mirrors. I seen these mirrors on ebay for like $13 (not heavy duty at all). I got them yesterday and they were what I was looking for. I'm still waiting for block off plates to arrive. Anyway I tried mounting them and they came out ok I suppose. I use silicone to put on the frameless blind spot mirrors to get more visibility. I was telling Evilaugust I can almost see behind me.

The only problem is the adjustability is a bit limited but can see completely on both sides (more than stock). Only if I could get a notch cut out of the nut that secures the ball joint. I emailed a metal cutting shop already.

You guys do a lot of experimenting so I would appreciate any ideas or opinions any of y'all may have.......even if you have a link to a similar mirror that would be a better fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
How are they holding up? i recently purchased an 06 and its missing the oem left mirror. i was looking into getting some replacement but not sure on what the treading size is for the mirrors. do you have the link to where you purchased yours or happen to know the tread size for mirrors

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
781 Posts
I almost bought some pig spotters but decided that it would be hard to use since they are so close to the bike my arms would block the view. on my gen 5 I actually like the factory mirrors cause they kind of bring it together but on my gen 1 I went with folding bar end mirrors. less vibration so better view aside from just being far enough out that I could actually see behind me. have tried some other mirrors to replace OEM mirrors before going with the bar end setup but ultimately bar end were just better. Get yourself a Dremel and open up the end a bit on one side if you want more adjustability

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
4th gen mirrors are a great mod if you can find some for a good price. A few threads on it if you search around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts