Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://youtu.be/tfs4IfvN9CU
so here is the bike , the fairings are off and the bike still needs to be tuned , it has a map it came with the kit , if you look i had a pipe fabbed and ran the exhaust off the turbo into my stock y pipe into my yoshi cans , , there willbe some more video soon , this thing is sick , it hits 189mph like nothing so im gonna loo into gearing it for some more top end , im serious it gets there so fast i cant believe it

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
tune to 11.2:1 air fuel. you'll need more fuel up top, aka you'll need injectors/fuel rail/pump. speedo stops at 189 btw and yeah its pretty awesome aint it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only 6 lbs of boost till i get use to her and may just stay there so it doesnt tear her apart , i know of a couple turbo busas that run 6 lbs and have been with no internal work and they are pushing 11,000 miles on them , maybe just lucky , but 6lbs on a zx10r is , well there are no words for a turbo zx10r but " holy f**king sh*t " i cant describe the acceleration when the boost comes on , the closest thing is imagine a 1000cc 2 stroke , thats how it runs , exactly like a 2 stroke , when the boost comes on its all violence , i will post video in the near future and thanks guys ,

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
what turbo are you running? and where does boost kick in?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garrett gt-28 , keep in mind its not dyno tuned , ive taken it out for a couple short rides , running stupid rich , right now , boost really comes alive 6000 and up in first

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the place its going to be tuned , the dyno is down right now so i have to wait ,shouldnt really ride it , but had an itch , but shes put up now

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
oh wow that sounds like a pretty nice ride then. Boost comes in late enough to not affect lower RPMs. which GT28 are you running?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont know never really looked . i know it sounds crazy but i was so pumped about it i just put it together i know its a gt-28 ill look at the numbers on it and post later

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
awesome. Im looking around for a turbo still (granted I cant afford shit) and have been tryin to read compressor maps to figure out which one I want so I dont run into compressor choke. I like the idea of boost kickin in at 6k, so yours might be what Im looking for.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
whats gonna be awesome is if you pin it in first, the front tire wont come back down until you feel like it in 6th ;) my cousins gen1 turbo build did 300hp and literally was a rocket on wheels, absolutely insane power, so sick. i almost wanna do a build just for shits n gigs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know a stock zx10r is fast but a turbo zx10r quickly shows you how precious and fragile life is , if you think your a bad ass , strap on one of these, its 100% pure violence ! every second you twist the throttle you are taunting your last breath , and did i mention its a friggin blast ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Post, really old here but i wanted to know how did youbplace the turbo and turbo intake, i am doing the same project on my zx 10 06 and wanted help

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey man, how did you fit the intake from the left side? And the radiator, dis you male a spacer? I'm working out on my projectbut i have som problems fitting the radiator and the intake tube from the oeft side. Turbo is a gt 25

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Not trying to sound like an ass, but you make it fit however you can. That set-up in the video looked like the radiator fan was deleted on the left side and moved to the right... that's probably where he got the clearance to run the charge pipe. With the fan in the stock spot, you'd have to go around beside/behind the radiator and 90 it over the top near the frame/motor mount. Here in a couple weeks I'll be doing mine close to that way.... we'll see how it goes.

And yes, you can space the bottom of the radiator out an inch or two before you start running into other clearance issues, but you'll have to trim the inner plastic panels on the mid fairing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts