Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I need the torque specifications for exhaust headers and muffler slip ons. Thanks in advance. I am doing my 600 mile service. I did let the dealer change oil and adjust chain though. $37.00.:hello:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic, will spec up tonight, thanks for the fast reply. This forum is great

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The molecular dispersement of solar energy rebounding off of the Black paint makes it faster. Hell, sounds almost good...

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
blackisfaster said:
The molecular dispersement of solar energy rebounding off of the Black paint makes it faster. Hell, sounds almost good...
Yes thats why black gets hotter. Cause it absorbs more energy thus making it faster. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GT ZX10 said:
The manual says the the bolts for the header is 13lb, bolts on front side of KAT are 10lb and the bolts for the stock cans are 16lb.
This is for 2006 ZX10R? I called dealer and they gave different numbers. I think they werre busy though and just wanted me off the phone. At your time, could you please verify for 2006 ZX10R and repost torque specs. Thanks in advance for help. Peace:cool:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You the man, I will check torque in the morning. Nearing my 1000 mike mark, have been riding half and half break in ( manual recommendations and up to 9-11K RPM for a few seconds). Can't wait to really get on her and redline through all 6 gears. Needless to say I need to check all bolts and stuff. Peace:cool:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Header exhaust bolts were at 11 ft lbs. and cans were at 14 ft lbs. Re-torqued, thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts