Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellow everyone, first time joining a forum and first time owning a bike, just got my 06zx10r about 6months ago,I tried to buy a newesh bike to get away from problems, but that didn't work out to well, about 3 months after buying the bike I started hearing a sligth knocking sound when I pull the clutch in only, get this, it would make noise with the bike on the stand or straigth upright if I lean the bike slightly to the right the noise would stop completely. as time went by and a couple of rides I started to hear the knocking sound with the bike in nuetral it also got alot louder, I took it to the shop and removed the rigth side engine cover,then removed the cluthes which did,nt look bad, one thing we noticed was that the drum which holds the clutch disc's has a little play dont know if this is normal or not. Any feedback or info would be much appriciated. Thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
There maybe a little backlash on the clutch ring (radially) not a problem but if you have freeplay in the basket and it will pull/push in and out then the spacing is incorrect or the clutch has been assembled incorrectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts