Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
06 zx10 now with Title

I have a 2006 ZX10 that im trying to sell. Its never been issued a title the original owner for whatever reason didnt register it when he bought it and hes the only one who could get the title and I bought it from the second owner. I have all of the dealer paperwork,the certificate of origin and a signed bil of sale from the original owner but im going to have to sell it like theres no title. The second owner bought it and started to set it up to stunt but never finished it. I bought it and started buying back stock parts that he had sold and I never really finished. All it needs is lower fairings to be completed. It has a dented tank on it but I also have a tank in perfect shape. The bike has barely been driven never down and never was stunted which im sure most people wont beleive. I really dont know how much to ask for it because im not sure what its worth without a title. I dont even want to say how much I have in it lets just say I would have been better off buying a new one.

would make a good track bike

$3500 obo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles on it?
around 2,000 on the bike but the new gauges have 5,xxx

the original owner bought it new and stripped and sold most of the parts off it then decided he didnt want it so when I bought it I had to buy almost all the body parts(fairings, headlight, signals, tail light, gauges etc etc) The bike is just like new.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a stolen bike! ...........possibly .b

Why does it sound like a stolen bike exactly? I have close to $7k in it and all the paperwork from the original owner including a bill of sale. With a nys badge in my wallet I don't think I would be selling a stolen bike, im no scumbag!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should have been more obvious with that smiley face. Just having fun man! I'm sure no ones taking me seriously.... I apologize.
Lol I didn't even notice the smiley face, no big deal man. I guess it is priced like a stolen bike just what I've been told a bike with no title is worth an I'm just trying to move it. It's doing me no good sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
404 Posts
GLWS: I think that'd make an awesome track bike. Unfortunately my wife would shoot me if I brought home another one. hahaha

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
As long as you have the COO (Certificate of Origin) you can register it.....but when you pay the sales tax on it MVD will charge you the percentage of original purchase price, which is around $10K.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As long as you have the COO (Certificate of Origin) you can register it.....but when you pay the sales tax on it MVD will charge you the percentage of original purchase price, which is around $10K.
really? NYS DMV said I couldnt. maybe they didnt know what they were talking? I guess I should try again it would be nice to actually have a title for whoeever buys it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts