Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of 06 ZX10r with current set up, -1/+2 gearing, DnD carbon slip ons, cleen system removed, block offs, V$spedo healer, looking to change to yoshi r-22 slip ons, K/N filter, volicity stacks, was trying out figure out what was a better to use between power commander usb3 or Bizzaz unit. Did a search and couldn't determin what which controller would be better for my set up. northen cali location so tempeture changes are not that big of an issue. probally looking later to get speed shifter unit. any help or ideas would be appreciated. Mostley street riding, but drag racing or track days in future,
thanks

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
They both have there pros and cons, but really they do the exact same thing...Go with what ever you feel like plain and simple...I'd go with a pcIII,ignition module,dynojet quick shifter, led screen so you can look on the fly, along with the switch so you can change between two maps etc etc...Never had a bazzaz but never heard anything bad about them other then there auto tune unit doesn't tune anything below 3000rpm's which isn't cool cause your idle needs adjusting too

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah from the reasearch i've found it looks like bazzaz lets u tune for all injectors below 3k and pc3 doesn't. Just wondering cause i found a good price on both

·
5,932 Posts
Really, I could of swore it was the other way around cause there was a thread and everything about someone with a pcV and auto tune vs the bazzaz's unit+ auto tune and the bazzaz wouldn't allow for tuning below 3000rpms but the pcV would...But hey you have an 06 here so I don't know why were even talking about the auto tune units lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. wel i wasn;t gonna use the auto tune feature. just the standard pc3usb or standard bizzaz unit. either with auto shift feature and slip on. just if any has used both and if one had better features than the other for tuning or options

·
Registered
858 Posts
You might also want to see what you local tuners have experience with. The reason I say that is most tuners have experience with the pc3 but may have limited with the bazzaz. Either way both a great products. I almost bought the bazzaz for my 06 but I didn't want to wait any longer. I have friends that have used the bazzaz products and have had success.

·
Registered
60 Posts
PCIII with custom tune tweeks it down there. Reviews in magazine say that the Bazzaz is like .001 away from dynotune. Although Bazzaz street tunes and is always calculating.So when you do mods in fixes the map to them. Where you have to either get everything done and do a one time dynotune,or everytime a new mods done pay the expensive dynotune...

·
5,932 Posts
I had a Kawasaki tech today tell me the only reason bazzaz is around is because a company couldn't get a hold of the pc for there company and teams so they had to come up with some alternative to map and tune there bikes. He said by far the pc is way more advance and will offer greater uses thus far. He told me to go ahead and get a bazzaz if my heart was set on it, I stated I already have a pcV and auto tune and he said I figured you were smart. But the Kawasaki tech "Jamie" said he would put money down to anyone stating the bazzaz units are better then pc. He said there nice and do the same thing, but the functions between the too, pc it by far ahead of the curve in there r&d...So over all you guys heard it straight from a buddy that's a kawasaki tech and works for kawasaki. He said the pc is the way to go...

That's his opinion and I think I will stand nexted to it...on top of I have always used pc and never had a single problem...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds good to me cause i can get a PCIII for around 200.00 where the Bazazz is around 300-350> so i'll probally go witj the pcIII

·
Registered
571 Posts
These threads always crack me up. Both the Dynojet Product and Bazzaz product will accomplish the same thing quite successfully. With the introduction of the new PC V the bells and whistles available for each are very similar. Now here's where it gets fun... asking which one is 'better'. You ask a 'Dynojet' guy and you'll hear that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the POS Bazzaz crap. You ask a Bazzaz guy which is better and you'll get the exact opposite response.

Here's the deal, I've raced with Dynojet stuff for years and never had a problem with it at all. Within the last month I switched to the Bazzaz stuff. I'd been curious about trying it out so asked around, found an absurdly rediculous deal on the stuff from a sponsor of mine and threw it on. I got the entire kit, with the Z-Fi mapping, Traction Control, AFM Auto Tune, Quickshifter and bar mounted Traction Contol trim dial and map select switch.

I spent this race weekend playing with it and getting the hang of it and came away very, very pleased. Using the auto-tune function I built myself both pump-fuel and race fuel maps and loaded them on the the unit. I also played with the traction control a tiny but didn't have time to really mess with it so I ran with it turned way, way down.

The only real difference I noticed is that I think the Bazzaz quickshifter may be superior to the Dynojet product. I really figured "A Quickshifter is a Quickshifter" but the Bazzaz unit seems "smoother"?

Anyway, I'd suggest anyone that tells you one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the other has an agenda.

Overall, after one weekend with the Bazzaz stuff I'm pleased with my purchase and looking forward to continuing to play with it.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,762 Posts
These threads always crack me up. Both the Dynojet Product and Bazzaz product will accomplish the same thing quite successfully. With the introduction of the new PC V the bells and whistles available for each are very similar. Now here's where it gets fun... asking which one is 'better'. You ask a 'Dynojet' guy and you'll hear that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the POS Bazzaz crap. You ask a Bazzaz guy which is better and you'll get the exact opposite response.

Here's the deal, I've raced with Dynojet stuff for years and never had a problem with it at all. Within the last month I switched to the Bazzaz stuff. I'd been curious about trying it out so asked around, found an absurdly rediculous deal on the stuff from a sponsor of mine and threw it on. I got the entire kit, with the Z-Fi mapping, Traction Control, AFM Auto Tune, Quickshifter and bar mounted Traction Contol trim dial and map select switch.

I spent this race weekend playing with it and getting the hang of it and came away very, very pleased. Using the auto-tune function I built myself both pump-fuel and race fuel maps and loaded them on the the unit. I also played with the traction control a tiny but didn't have time to really mess with it so I ran with it turned way, way down.

The only real difference I noticed is that I think the Bazzaz quickshifter may be superior to the Dynojet product. I really figured "A Quickshifter is a Quickshifter" but the Bazzaz unit seems "smoother"?

Anyway, I'd suggest anyone that tells you one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the other has an agenda.

Overall, after one weekend with the Bazzaz stuff I'm pleased with my purchase and looking forward to continuing to play with it.

:eek:ccasion1
Hey,
You hit it right on the head.

I went thru the same thing.

Raced Dyno jet stuff on my 06 from 2006 to 2008 mid year.
Switched up and put the 08 on the track with the dynojet pcIII from the 06 (they all fit and are the same). with the dyno jet QS also....

It ran good...no problems..
Then i took the plunge and got a Z-FITCQS for $750 cop the TC/map switch and ran the bike and it was a beast.

Not sure if it was the fact that the Bazzaz use all 8 injectors or what, but it felt better.

The most biggest improvement was the quickshifter.

The PC3 QS feels a little knotchy.... but it was pretty much the only thing out.
The bazzaz feels effortless and silky, butter smooth.
I crashed and ript the rod out of my Bazzaz QS and they repaired it for free. Ive sent it back a few times because it got the knotchy feel like the PC3.

In the end I have a certified bazzaz tuner shop in my area and they adjusted the QS internal shims on the dyno machiene to get it back to smooth feel.

you can not repair the pc3 QS. so thats $275 down the drain every time you rip

The Traction control is great in the rain...i mean its god sent...
but on long highspeed tracks you will have to turn it down/off some.

If your wheels spin up alot it will kick in and slow you down at speed.

I also have a bazzaz unit on my street bike (brought it from Dave zx10R on the board).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts