Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am all new to the zx10 world and I am finding the low and mid power just isn't there, but when it hits high rpm it pulls like a train !! I have the pc 3 and using the map from there website for full Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter. I am wondering if anyone has a custom map that they use or used that could fix up the low n mid power levels ?? I am new to the pc's and not sure how to adjust the maps yet..
I am at sea level and only running the Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter.

Please help

Thanks

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Hi guys,

I am all new to the zx10 world and I am finding the low and mid power just isn't there, but when it hits high rpm it pulls like a train !! I have the pc 3 and using the map from there website for full Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter. I am wondering if anyone has a custom map that they use or used that could fix up the low n mid power levels ?? I am new to the pc's and not sure how to adjust the maps yet..
I am at sea level and only running the Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter.

Please help

Thanks
ur gona need to change ur gearing to move the power delivery into the lower rpms. change sprockets to -1,+2

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yup, what he said...also PM rifleman and for $25 he will send you a 1/5 throttle insert...best two mods for your money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what sprocket set would you recommend for good low and mid torque without taking away to much from top end ??

Thanks again

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
-1,+2 and ur lookinf at abt 175 topped but itll get there a bit quicker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok sounds good. So when you say -1T on front and +2T on rear is that from the factory sprockets or the ones that is on it now ? Also its a 06 so how can I find out the chain pitch for this bike..

Thanks again

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
The pitch is 525. Pm member riders discount and tell mike u have an 06 and would like to order a new chain and sprockets in 16 teeth and 42 teeth and he can handle it from there lol. I prefer EK brand chains and driven sprockets myself. They hold up very well

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Vendor
6,819 Posts
ok sounds good. So when you say -1T on front and +2T on rear is that from the factory sprockets or the ones that is on it now ? Also its a 06 so how can I find out the chain pitch for this bike..

Thanks again
I am happy to help, shoot me a PM!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts