Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this for a while now. For those of u who have rode a '96-'03 zx-7r and have rode a '06 zx-10r maybe u can agree with me? But when i first rode my '06, i said damn this feels like what a new version of the zx-7 would be? If there were to ever come back out with it, this '06 zx10 would seem like it would be it! Anyone else feel that way? The way the bike sits downhill, the beefy swingarm, the teardrop headlights just the overall feel of the '06 reminds me of the zx-7 but much lighter!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Totally agree. If you go far enough back in the pictures thread when the first 06s were hitting the shore I said exactly the same thing...

To me it looks like an updated zx-7r (p series). Its one of the reasons I want one so much. I also think it feels kinda like one when you ride it. Similar position, similar front end.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I miss my old bike I had a 2001 ZX7R. I'm about to say! about the weight. Stability wise the 7R feels more planted, maybe because of the weight difference. It kinda close but the 7R looks better in my opinion. If the 7R comes out again I'll put one on order in a heart beat. Is there a 7R in the near future?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harlequin said:
Totally agree. If you go far enough back in the pictures thread when the first 06s were hitting the shore I said exactly the same thing...

To me it looks like an updated zx-7r (p series). Its one of the reasons I want one so much. I also think it feels kinda like one when you ride it. Similar position, similar front end.

Tru indeed! :eek:ccasion1

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conspiracy said:
I miss my old bike I had a 2001 ZX7R. I'm about to say! about the weight. Stability wise the 7R feels more planted, maybe because of the weight difference. It kinda close but the 7R looks better in my opinion. If the 7R comes out again I'll put one on order in a heart beat. Is there a 7R in the near future?

Ride a '06 zx10 and u would probably agree? I let me friend who used to own a '99 zx7, but now owns a '06 R1 ride my bike today and he loved it! He agreed that it felt like his zx7. When it was time to switch back, i don't think he wanted to give my bike back? lol! :lol:

I doubt that they plan on releasing another zx7? :dontknow: U figure the 600 class is getting faster and faster every year so therez almost no need for it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
I doubt that they plan on releasing another zx7? :dontknow: U figure the 600 class is getting faster and faster every year so therez almost no need for it.
I dunno. I'm hoping that an 800cc motogp class will revive the 750s... or maybe start a 799cc class. Call them a zx-8r....

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Yea, I use to have a 97 ZX7R, I want on but the front end has to be the same...

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GHOST RIDER said:
Yea, I use to have a 97 ZX7R, I want on but the front end has to be the same...

:dontknow: What do u mean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts