Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've a big issue from my 10R. I've burned two alternators in a r ow which I am struggling to find out what the problem is. My FI light never show up which means the engine oil does travel thru the alternator. Could there be any problem else?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
could you have a short to ground that is causing a heavy load on the electical system? Have you added any mods or excessiories?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
^ mmm like increased watt headlight globes... that will burn them out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any electrical mods on my bike! I am trying to check the oil pressure however the pressure plug seeem to locks up. The oil pressure switch seems ok.

A burned alternator can be caused by over heated. Other than this problem, could it be anything else?

Thanks for repling!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I would check battery carefully. If it has a faulty cell, alternator may be pumping it wee heart out trying to bring battery up to an unobtainable voltage. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The very first symptom was low voltage in the battery. Apparently, the bike was not charge. Once I opened up the alternator cover, you can clearly see it's burned. Very obvious!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
First I've heared on the Kawasaki lol but common on the old R6 and R1. The rectifier overheats, check the voltage on the rectifier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts