Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to upgrade my rear brake,idealy i want a brembo rear caliper mounted uderslung style?any info or places to buy what i need would be great ie calipers discs ect.just thought i'd ask on here before i go to an enginear shop.got brembo front brakes would like rear to match.:dontknow:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Not worth it IMO. My stocks already lock up the rear wheel. Nice setup BTW.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
We have a rear brake? Paint your rear brake silver and write Brembo on it. :D

Seriously though, not worth it IMO, but Im broke.

All I can see is the front wheel of that bike and I can tell its awesome f'sho. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a rear brake? Paint your rear brake silver and write Brembo on it. :D

Seriously though, not worth it IMO, but Im broke.

All I can see is the front wheel of that bike and I can tell its awesome f'sho. :thumbsup:
whats a (f'sho)?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
For sure! LOL

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to people that have brembo rear brakes(loki-10r,9r-10r)are they much better?when i put my brembos on the front it was unreal,is it the same with the rear??

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
to people that have brembo rear brakes(loki-10r,9r-10r)are they much better?when i put my brembos on the front it was unreal,is it the same with the rear??
I've yet to own a Brembo rear brake that worked worth a damn. (Duc 999R & Ape RSVR)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not all other things being equal (i.e. stock MC, leverage ratio, etc.) With a fully engineered setup, yes.

The rear brake is plenty strong stock.

The main advantage is lighter weight, vastly simplified and faster rear wheel change, and appearance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
9R to 10R has PVM on the rear of his 2nd gen, not Brembo

Brembo hasn't released the rear kit for the 2nd gen yet. I have the prototype on my bike. You are correct that the Brembo rear caliper will not work with the OE wheel though, I should have mentioned that earlier.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
On my 06, I have the PVM setup with the 4 piston billet monoblock, and to be honest it is way overkill. the stock master actually has pretty good feel with it but it is super powerfull, not nessesarily what you want. I have the Brembo HP setup on my 04 and it is a totally different feel, the rear lever is firmer than stock and you really can not lock up the rear as easy as stock. The main benfits to the average motorcyclist in going underslung are rear wheel removal and replacemnt is easier, and of course the real deal race bike looks.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I had the p34 two piston caliper that Loki is running and it was comparable to the HP caliper I am running now, pretty sure the specs are the same with teh exception of the HP caliper is Billet and the bleeder screws are repositioned for underslung bleeding.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
9R has the PVM wheel. I couldn't state for a fact what caliper he is running today, but he was running a Brembo caliper at one time. We had discussions off line about it as I recall. He emailed me to let me know why he thought it wouldn't work with the stock wheel.

Hard Racing has had the kits in stock once. They called me and told me that they had em at customs to pick up. I passed because I wasn't sure it would work with a BST wheel. Kinda expensive at $750.00 bucks but that price wasn't the deal breaker.
Its on my list of things to do, as I want to swap the BST's to my 04 and PWM's to my 06 for something different, i will let you know then if the BST's work with the HP kit or not.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I stopped buying braided lines for rear brakes simply
because even upgraded rear brakes and brake lines
still suck.

On the front, worth ever penny.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
some nice info,so you can't buy a kit for the 06 that will just fit straight on (direct replacment)uuum,not sure i want to get new wheels just to have underslung rear brake?what pads and disc do you guys recomend on the rear for a more powerfull rear brake.....ps 9r-10r your 04 is something special!!...pps 9r-10r what was the fitt like on all your carbon stuff from pyramid plastics?.cheer's.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You'd be better off forgetting you have a rear brake. The more I rode on the track, the less I used it until I just quit using it completely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts