Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Power Commander directly from DynoJet. I've been sitting on a full Ackropovic Evo system since I didn't want to put it on without remapping the fuel injection.

Just thought I'd let you know its now available for the 06 ZX10.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
zx10hellcat said:
I just got my Power Commander directly from DynoJet. I've been sitting on a full Ackropovic Evo system since I didn't want to put it on without remapping the fuel injection.

Keep us up to date on how it works out for you.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Let us know how she does with it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
well, lucky for you Factory has the full Akra system map up too, not much else there though. Still waiting on mine, supposed to ship this week.

You mounting it in the "trunk"? I am hoping to go with a side panel location, I would like to be able to keep a few things under the seat, like a bungee net, etc.

Hope it goes like stink!

·
Registered
111 Posts
06 Zx-10r Power Commander Now Here.

I Received My 2006 Kawasaki Zx-10r Power Commander Today By Fed Ex.
So Order Away, There In!!!!!!!!!! From Dynojet.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Parts Unlimited still haven't received them...we have them on order and they said they haven't recieved anything fron dynojet...oh, i'm kicking up some dust tomorrow for sure...

dwayne

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which Is Faster? 05 06?

zx10hellcat said:

Which is faster the 06 or the 05

·
Registered
87 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? Just curious to know with the power commander and full system can u tell which is faster? I had the 05 and now the 06 haven't gone out on in yet! Getting black chrome on it! Answer the question!

·
Registered
384 Posts
denalli said:
What's that supposed to mean? Just curious to know with the power commander and full system can u tell which is faster? I had the 05 and now the 06 haven't gone out on in yet! Getting black chrome on it! Answer the question!

I think this thread is about Power Commanders being available for the 06 ZX10, we've been anxiously awaiting them. And then I am going to be asking questions about maps . . .

Whether the 06 is "faster" than the 05 is another matter, and subject to many variables and parameters. Do you mean both bikes equipped with the same full Akra system, and same map, and no other changes, and which one goes faster? Or, which bike can be made to go faster using the power commander and whatever map or system you choose, and who knows what sprocket change? And just what is "faster"? Ultimate top speed, 1/4 mile, 0-60, laps around a track, or just seat of the pants? Are we talking timeslips from a drag strip, or just my word? Personally, I think the most accurate way to decide which bike is "faster" is to look at the results from the same magazine testing the same stock bike year over year. And even then, what if they got a dog of a bike or a manufacturer's specially-prepped bike??

And all the chrome (black chrome?) in the world won't make you faster, just ask the Harley boys, if that was the secret ingredient they would rule! But definitely make your bike as cool as you want, I understand that thinking :wink:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
denalli said:
how are you gonna demand someone to answer question? hahah, like the previous said, this thread isnt about whos faster, a member just posted that his PC is in

·
Registered
87 Posts
nice

ctjackster said:
I think this thread is about Power Commanders being available for the 06 ZX10, we've been anxiously awaiting them. And then I am going to be asking questions about maps . . .

Whether the 06 is "faster" than the 05 is another matter, and subject to many variables and parameters. Do you mean both bikes equipped with the same full Akra system, and same map, and no other changes, and which one goes faster? Or, which bike can be made to go faster using the power commander and whatever map or system you choose, and who knows what sprocket change? And just what is "faster"? Ultimate top speed, 1/4 mile, 0-60, laps around a track, or just seat of the pants? Are we talking timeslips from a drag strip, or just my word? Personally, I think the most accurate way to decide which bike is "faster" is to look at the results from the same magazine testing the same stock bike year over year. And even then, what if they got a dog of a bike or a manufacturer's specially-prepped bike??

And all the chrome (black chrome?) in the world won't make you faster, just ask the Harley boys, if that was the secret ingredient they would rule! But definitely make your bike as cool as you want, I understand that thinking :wink:

So I'm curious to know wit the same akra system geering power commander which model is faster? 05 06 would someone please let me know! I spoke with Ivan today from Ivans performance, he seems to think that the 06 model isn't as fast your thoughts!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, you should be able to accomplish that with either bike, as long as you don't destroy yourself, sounding kinda fisty there...

Do some searchin on the 05/06 issue..

Basically, whoever has a 05 thinks theirs is faster then the 06, and the other way around...

Riders that have ridden both and do not owen either, lean towards the 05 being a bit faster, but the 06 being the better all around bike, brakes, suspension, etc, etc...

I personally think the 06 is a tricyle :badteeth:, and I swear it's not cause I have a 05..:lol:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
denalli said:
My mission is destroy all 05 06 GSXR 1000'S Any info would b appreciated!
if thats the case, then you can always get a muzzy turbo and beat just about everything out there cept for a turbo busa (depending on how long of a race) and jay lenos jet engine bike

05/06 zx10r and the 05/06 gizzer 1000's are all evenly matched that it really comes down to the rider, so if your an awesome rider, then you should be able to DESTROY gixxers including zx10r's, and if that doesnt work, you can always body slam the opponents bike, thatll destroy it also :crackup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hahaha good one I did pretty good last year 05 magma 10r,Stock! Only lost to one GSXR 1000 full system, power commander, half a bike length.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts