Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good job champ. You made sliders for the 06... Is the placement the same as the 04/05?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Being a machinist myself, those look very nice. That is a lot of work there for a hundred bucks. Good luck with your sales.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the installation instructions for the '04-'05 I will do the same for the '06. They '06 will mount the same with 1 change. On the clutch lever side, you will remove the nut from the bolt in the hole on the side of the frame and thread on an offset post.

www.champindustries.net/zx10.html

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mainezx10 said:
Looks like shin bangers for me.... damn my long legs.
I'm 6'6" and dont have an issue with them. I checked as it was a concern. When I get the finished sliders done, I'll post pics of me on Teebo7's bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The only reason I thought so was because sometime when riding I find my shin slightly touching the left side plastic where it comes to a point the furthest it reaches back. Looks like where the sliders are.... Never know till I try it.

Are they functional.... If it falls over will it prevent plastic damage? Looks like the upper may rub.. with them being so low? Feed back would be great.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Champ,

I am in the process of moving into a new house and I have the money but I dont have the money. Once you see them all how long before you get more?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mainezx10 said:
The only reason I thought so was because sometime when riding I find my shin slightly touching the left side plastic where it comes to a point the furthest it reaches back. Looks like where the sliders are.... Never know till I try it.

Are they functional.... If it falls over will it prevent plastic damage? Looks like the upper may rub.. with them being so low? Feed back would be great.
Nope the upper will hit. As will the muffler, foot pegs, grips, tail section, the rider, etc. Designed to save the frame. Anything else is a bonus.

If your hitting the fairing while riding, the a. your a taller mofo than me lol or b. you keep your legs in in a corner and not out from the bike when you shift your weight to the inside. I find myself doing this all the time as well at the track.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zx10x2 said:
Champ,

I am in the process of moving into a new house and I have the money but I dont have the money. Once you see them all how long before you get more?
At the moment, I have more coming than the inquiries I had. So you should be good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i hate to sound negative, but they look like they will bend easy and reduce there effectiveness. sorry no harm intended. lsl looks strong, but lets be real is it for looks? just get full coverage insurance and you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
qman said:
i hate to sound negative, but they look like they will bend easy and reduce there effectiveness. sorry no harm intended. lsl looks strong, but lets be real is it for looks? just get full coverage insurance and you will be fine.
NP. There are a couple peeps here to attest to the effectiveness on the '04-05 sets. Basically the same as the '06.

And no not for looks they do the job. As far as insurance. Yep I have full coverage too. But Im not about to claim it unless I need too. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts