Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well on Monday I made the trip to Schnitz Racing in Decatur, Indiana to have Ryan Schnitz tune my 06. From the results I got I am pleased and just need to "butt dyno" the results. First off a list of my mods

BMC Race Filter
Muzzy Block Off Plates
Arrow Slip-On Exhaust *Shortened*
Stock Mid-Pipe with Cat removed
Kawi Race Intake Cam *Stock Position*
Kawi Thin Head Gasket .50mm
PC3 USB
PC3 Ignition Module

Forgot to mention that this is on 93 octane pump gas.

Before I hit the dyno there were a few things I noticed.
1) The bike was rich down below 6k
2) It was really rich below 3k and would dog and sometimes stall on decel.

And the Results:

The First is the final run after the map

The second is the first initial run and the final run together

As you can see from the two runs together is that I did not rain a ton of power. I gained a few hp which is fine. The thing that interest me the most is the mid-range. if you look at the a/f comparisions there is where most of the change came in. He smoothed out the a/f throughout the mid-range. Hopefully this should get me more responsive power. That would be nice becasue this is a track bike. By the time he was done the bike did sound a lot "happier" as it wound up. One thing he did recommend and I did was the dynojet rev xtend. The code is in there and now I just need to ride it to see how it feels.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With the rev xtend installed what does the bike redline at? Can the bike handle the extended revs without stronger valve springs

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should bump the actual redline to 13k. The tach is off about 800-1000 rpm. Yes the stock valve springs should handle the load.

·
Registered
33 Posts
People get hung up on HP....IMO the air fuel mixture is way more important and everyone should have their bike on a dyno mods or not just to have it on paper your bike is running right :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
People get hung up on HP....IMO the air fuel mixture is way more important and everyone should have their bike on a dyno mods or not just to have it on paper your bike is running right :eek:ccasion1
exactly!! drivability and user friendleness is most important.

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
you shouldve removed the secondaries :wink: jk thats your personal preference. but the only reason i mention it is because you said your bike was running rich, the secondary mod leans it out a bit which couldve help in more way than one:wink:. do you feel a noticeable change in power delivery?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Did Schnitz mess with the timing much? What kind of timing are you looking like in general? I haven't had a chance to tune my timing in since I got the module on so I have a generic +3 advance at the moment to play it safe. Also I'm assuming this was on race fuel since this is a track bike?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Good#s and a/f...Just curious why you didnt degree the cams?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you shouldve removed the secondaries :wink: jk thats your personal preference. but the only reason i mention it is because you said your bike was running rich, the secondary mod leans it out a bit which couldve help in more way than one:wink:. do you feel a noticeable change in power delivery?
I did not really think about this until after the tune. The good thing is I have access to a dynojet dyno if I do decide to remove the secondaries. For now I will ride it as is. I do though have the GiPro TRE and that does help a little down low and in the mids.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did Schnitz mess with the timing much? What kind of timing are you looking like in general? I haven't had a chance to tune my timing in since I got the module on so I have a generic +3 advance at the moment to play it safe. Also I'm assuming this was on race fuel since this is a track bike?
He did adjust the timing. He added +4 in the upper range of the power band.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good#s and a/f...Just curious why you didnt degree the cams?
I actually did degree them but put them back to stock. I got the degree I wanted but could not get the right duration. I calculated the ideal duration but could not get it where I wanted it. Having to at least try to be a perfectionist when it came to the motor as I am going to flog it hard around a track I opted to go the safe route with the stock cam holes. I was also running out of time to get the bike back together. All in all I am not disappointed with the numbers. It is also good to know that I can gain more power with a degree.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
looks a little lean up top to me, I know ryan knows what he's doing though, i guess roadracers run leaner up top than dragracers do.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I actually did degree them but put them back to stock. I got the degree I wanted but could not get the right duration. I calculated the ideal duration but could not get it where I wanted it. Having to at least try to be a perfectionist when it came to the motor as I am going to flog it hard around a track I opted to go the safe route with the stock cam holes. I was also running out of time to get the bike back together. All in all I am not disappointed with the numbers. It is also good to know that I can gain more power with a degree.
Duration has to do with the camshaft itself (and valve clearance), regardless of the degree seting

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Good run

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Ill have to post mine up as well on my 06 10r just picked it up last night from my Buddies shop as I finally decided to get a custom map done over the weekend since I have an 08 to ride now.I had it Dynoed last year Stk & then with my Akras. I put a BMC Race filter in it & my Buddy gave me his Power comander Hp was right around 168.77 & torque #'s were right around 82.88 with a little over 31,000 miles on it.I have the sheet at home Tomorrow Ill post it up:wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi guys,
i put you mine without all this electronic described which is a total nightmare to set... I mean the PCIII...
This curve is obtained with 10R brand new 2006 version after 600 miles with only a full exhaust line racing Akra with the valve unplugged (of course) and a GPACK (delock at the mapping box the anti pollution regulation in Europe (euro3 norms ) and maxi speed).
Here with these modifications, I am about 188HP at crankshaft for only 600 miles.... Now I am about 3000 miles and I am 192hp... :rolleyes: Other values than crankshaft are a little bit unconsistent because of the tire skip too much of the roller band...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts