Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with setting the ignition advance on the kit ecu for the 06. I already have the fuel map set up where I like it from using my data logger. Going to put it on the dyno to play with the ignition advance a little. So if you have some experience with this and wouldn't mind answering a couple a of questions (pm you or give you call)I'd appreciate it.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do. It's a dangerous area that could possible yield a few ponies, but have much greater consequences. I wouldn't suggest going over a few degrees. Unless you're racing, and a 100th of a second could be the difference between a win and a loss, I don't recommend messing with it. Especially if you don't have experience with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the info man, so Advance Kawasaki are you saying that you have the 06 kit ecu, have experimented with the timing on an 06, and did not get good results from advancing the timing?

·
Registered
352 Posts
We did adjust it on our race bike and got a few hp out of it. A few hp on a 170hp motorcyle doesn't make a whole lot of difference unless you're racing, and 100th of a second is important. If done improperly, you could do serious damage to your motor, and a few hp IMO isn't worth it in most cases.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
We did adjust it on our race bike and got a few hp out of it. A few hp on a 170hp motorcyle doesn't make a whole lot of difference unless you're racing, and 100th of a second is important. If done improperly, you could do serious damage to your motor, and a few hp IMO isn't worth it in most cases.
Can i ask you how many degrees you added to what kind of bike?:mrgreen:

·
Banned
139 Posts
Good Luck. I asked him for the part #s on 2 throttle cables and he wouldn't tell me. Told me I could find out after I ordered from him. He's not a site sponsor yet anyway.

He seems like a nice guy trying to make a buck and thats OK too, but there is a difference in trying to make a buck and helping out on a discussion forum. I thought he was trying to help out so I have to call :bs:

Sorry AK, but you could have posted me the 2 cable part #s. No big loss of sales on 2 $16.95 cables if your goal is to actually help people.

Maybe he will answer your question.

K

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've played with it on all the bikes, including the '06 ZX10. What you could gain from doing it depends a lot on what you've done to your motor, so what I got, could give you totally different results. 3 degrees advanced worked for us.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Now take it easy on the guy they are nice people, Ive met them on the track. Lets see if he could some discount on dyno for me or some other local memebers.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I've played with it on all the bikes, including the '06 ZX10. What you could gain from doing it depends a lot on what you've done to your motor, so what I got, could give you totally different results. 3 degrees advanced worked for us.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.:eek:ccasion1

·
Banned
139 Posts
Anyone could pull that number out of their back pocket, 2-4 degrees, so again I call :bs:

Sorry, but your sarcastic attitude isn't winning you any paying cu$tomer$.

K

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anyone could pull that number out of their back pocket, 2-4 degrees, so again I call :bs:

Sorry, but your sarcastic attitude isn't winning you any paying cu$.

K
Don't care what you think. You didn't ask the question, and this is the last time I'm repsonding to you.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Good Luck. I asked him for the part #s on 2 throttle cables and he wouldn't tell me. Told me I could find out after I ordered from him. He's not a site sponsor yet anyway.

He seems like a nice guy trying to make a buck and thats OK too, but there is a difference in trying to make a buck and helping out on a discussion forum. I thought he was trying to help out so I have to call :bs:

Sorry AK, but you could have posted me the 2 cable part #s. No big loss of sales on 2 $16.95 cables if your goal is to actually help people.

Maybe he will answer your question.

K

I have those part#s for the new 08 kit throttle cables. I will PM them to you later tonight. No problem.

JJ

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input Advance Kaw , sounds like you have some good experience with the 06 ecu. So you found some (small) increases. One thing that I couldn't find in the manuals for the ecu was what the increments exactly are. I know each increment is .35 but is that degrees or like the power commander ,some other unit of measure. Any insite you can offer would be great.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah I know.. the software is a lot harder than it needs to be. Raising the rev limiter is a good one: Instead of just plugging in an rpm, you have to deal with a value representing stock, and then anything over it. Anyway, I wanna say the ign timing is in percentages, but I might be thinking of the 6 instead of the 10. They're of course different. I'd prolly have to open it up to see what you're talking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts