Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone sells a replacement piece for the stock pipe's after the cat, and before the split back to 2 for the stock mufflers. I believe this is where the exhaust valve is located.

Even something that replaces the section between the header and the split to 2 for the stock mufflers.

I have already disconnected the cables at the servo motor, but wanted to see about removing the exhaust valve all together without going to a full after market system.

any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
798 Posts
not that im aware of ivan sells a servo eliminator so you can remove the servo with out a cel but you can also just remove the cables and keep the servo and valve in place (with out the cables the valve stays open) i doubt there would be any performance gain at all from taking the valve out of a stock exhaust (or with slip ons)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
If anything I would leave it in there until you goto a full system. that valve is there for a reason and the computer knows it, unless your going to a full system I would leave it alone, we basically have tuned exhaust systems and they work with our secondary butterfly system as well to tune our engine.

just my opinion.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had the cables for the valve disconnect at the servo motor for about half of this year. I did not notice any real changes except it does less engine braking when off the throttle which I prefer. I have a gutted cat that I can run as well so i was hoping to get rid of the vale as it has to cause some restriction or reduction in the pipe size even when when in the open state. I guess it would be as close to a full system as I could get.

I am just to cheap to drop the cash for a full system.

Thanks for the opinions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
i own a 06, put on a leo vinci cat back. it eliminated the valve completely. s/s with carb cans, gave it a nice throaty sound with probably 3-5 hp.unplugged the battery while installing, heard that its suppose to reset the brain ? , everything seems to be fine after about 6500 miles. great bottom, mid, and top with no stumbles.retails around $1100 but was hooked up by a friend for just under $600.future mods await. good luck in your decision. sneakers to the ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts