Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the dyno printout with all the mods I have done to my 06 10r.
Sorry if the sheet is hard to read. The first dyno run I did was in feb.4th when I had the bike broke in(green). The other run was westerday(blue) after he tuned the bike with the powercommander.

Here's what I have done to the bike so far.
-Akrapovic carbon slip-ons
-Power commander
-Ivan's TRE
-K&N air filter
-Spiegler SS brake lines
-Puig DB windscreen
-16tooth frunt sprocket
I think thats it. I wasn't going to go with the K&N filter, but the guy who tuned my bike and did all the work looked at my stock filter and it was trashed. He already had the airbox off for the TRE so he just threw the filter in. Then the bike was tuned wit the filter in, so its a little late now. O well. I saw the origional filter too, it definetly was time for a new one.

I know there's a lot of 06' owners who want to do similar things, thats why i'm sharing. I havn't had a chance to ride the bike yet, been busy at work. I should be able to get some miles in this weekend. I'm pretty happy with the results I got. Stock was 157.43hp and with all the goodies I made 161.62. I think I would have squeezed a little more power if it wasn't so hot. There's almost 20 degrees difference, and 10% difference in humidity between the two dates. I'll write more after I get some miles on the bike.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also really impressed that he really cleaned up my air/fuel ratio. It was anywhere from low 13 to almost 14. Now its about 13.25 all the way accrost the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
ninjakris said:
I was also really impressed that he really cleaned up my air/fuel ratio. It was anywhere from low 13 to almost 14. Now its about 13.25 all the way accrost the board.
Thats a little lean, especially on a ram air bike. You want just under 13 on the dyno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
From what DynoJet says they recommend 13.2 to 1 on the dyno for all of the inline Japanese bikes with ram air.

i personally would rather see 12.9 or 13 to 1 in the 80% and 100% throttle ranges and then use the 13.2 to 1 in the rest of them. Gives you good fuel economy for part throttle use and extra fuel for WOt runs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
sneaky said:
From what DynoJet says they recommend 13.2 to 1 on the dyno for all of the inline Japanese bikes with ram air.
Huh, my friends have Dynojet training and they (Dynojet) says to run the ram air bikes at just under 13:1 on the dyno to compensate for the extra air at speed.

sneaky said:
i personally would rather see 12.9 or 13 to 1 in the 80% and 100% throttle ranges and then use the 13.2 to 1 in the rest of them. Gives you good fuel economy for part throttle use and extra fuel for WOt runs.
This is how they say to tune it on the dyno and is the way my bike is tuned.:thumbsup:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top