Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead of spending 40 minutes sifting through the old post I rather just ask my questions and hopefully get direct answers:

1. When you get rid of the sensor in between the block-offs what do you do with the exposed plug? Also, can you pull the reeds out or do you leave them in?

2. The tube out of the airbox is no longer used, what do you block it off with?

Thanks again guys! Should have my block offs this week so I can finish this up.

·
Registered
724 Posts
So instead of spending 40 minutes sifting through the old post I rather just ask my questions and hopefully get direct answers:

1. When you get rid of the sensor in between the block-offs what do you do with the exposed plug? Also, can you pull the reeds out or do you leave them in?

I just did this...actually I'm talking to A&R because the block off plates didn't fit :(. So I did what I did on my ZX9, I just put a 3/8in fuel line between both plates. I taped up the plug...and I rode today, all seems well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
^^^Does not having the plug trip your FI light?
Nope...no FI light today ;)

Oh and I used an old plug from an Ivan's block off kit I had for the airbox hole. You can get a plug from a hardware store...or you can silicon it up, tape it....whatever works.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nope...no FI light today ;)

Oh and I used an old plug from an Ivan's block off kit I had for the airbox hole. You can get a plug from a hardware store...or you can silicon it up, tape it....whatever works.
Just did this, flipped the stock plates over and flipped the reeds and rotaed 90 degrees, someone in the forum posted this, works fine and it is free. I used instant weld to cover the hole from inside the airbox. Not worried it will come off, it is instant weld for christ sakes,.. Peace :cool:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

I intsalled Ivans block-offs. The plug that is disconnected from the air switching device is left exposed. I zip tied mine out of the way. I also used Ivans supplied plug to cover the hole in bottom section of airbox. And yes the reeds are completely removed from the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts