Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 zx10r with bmc filter, secondary throttle bodies removed, ivans timing fix, geared down one and up 2 with 520 kit. It ran killer then i put a boz bros moria pipe on and it killed it bad. I lost all mid range and top end. I ordered a pc3 was wondering if anyone had a map they think would work good on this set up. I plan on getting it dyno tuned but have a couple of races before they can get it in the shop. please help i lost over 3 tenths in the 8th mile and 6 mph last race. sold my stock exhaust or would put it back on for the next couple of races. Any sugestions or programs would be gladly accepted. thanks stetson

·
Registered
319 Posts
I read a lot about secondary butterflies removed and how good it is for low end power, but I also talke to a couple of mechanics who had to work on 10s and 14s after the owners removed the flies. Maybe it will be worth reinstalling them and using a TRE or GIpro to open them sooner.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yea the fly removal isn't whats its cracked up to be on the 10, and neither is the BOZ moria as it makes noise thats it.

BD

·
Registered
328 Posts
I built a "Moira" style exhaust for my 10 a few weeks ago. Went on easy, and the sound was AWESOME... but holy hell the midrange was G O N E. Get another exhaust on there. No PC is going to replace your lack of backpressure.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
yea the fly removal isn't whats its cracked up to be on the 10, and neither is the BOZ moria as it makes noise thats it.

BD
Ouch buddy. Here we go again I guess. Correct you will lose some low end and midrange due to the lack of backpressure. But you can easily make that up with a custom tune. Mod for mod I make the same peek HP as the same bike with the Akra EVO2 and about 2hp less on the low and mid. The fly removal is what hurt you the most. You gain a little at the top end but lose a little down low. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Also my power curve is a bit sharper and flattens out up top compared to the Akra. It really starts to come on at 8K and holds a fatter curve through 12500 then the Akra. But this is on an 05.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Short pipes normally foresake torque low down and add a little peak horsepower, you tune the torque curve by changing inlet and exhaust tract lengths.

Real short pipes are all noise for no significant gains, having said that , stock pipes are usually too long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apreciate all the info guys, Im probably going to be looking for another pipe tonight. im also thinking about putting the secondary blades back in to. I may just try another pipe first to see how she acts. thinks agan everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts