Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bike used to start and run fine, now its getting so much fuel it wont start or blows flames when it does fire. The only thing that has changed since storing it in my heated garage is that I took it out and rode it twice in 30+ degree weather and now this.
I did put seafoam in the tank before it sat but Im lost as to where to look next....
Synced TB, no fuel leaks, pulled plugs cleaned them and it started right up... but the next day it flooded when i tried to start. No codes, NOTHING! unhooked pcIII to eliminate anything and still no diff.
Has anyone ever had injectors leak down??? I am going to check fuel pressure and do a leak test on the throttle assembly tomorrow, but I am so angry and lost...........................:dontknow:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FOUL them out and maybe cause a flooding condition on start-up? Would or could seafoam and moisture cause this?

New plugs and full tank of new petrol and I will post... Anything else????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sat for about 4 months tops, but in my garage.... I have also ran it a few times during that period without a prob.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I've got it apart gonna get new plugs anyway. Got some new gas, just have to drive so far for parts... :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did some tests and found that my injectors were stuck open. Major amounts of sand and dirt in the rail.... Hopefully I can get them cleaned! Explains why it was flooded all the time!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need to buy a whole new tb setup now! Just no help for any of the old stuff, way to fucked up to use ant of it! Just can't figure out when it all came from....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it was a full tank with seafoam mix for storage. Must have been some dirt in the tank that settled out and got passed the pump filter? How I don't know either....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well put new tb on, still leaking into the cylinders..... I did check fuel pressure and key on it pumps up normal but slowly bleeds off. I do know its running into the cylinders. U can physically see it build up on the closed valves, and the bike won't start. Flooded! I just ordered a new pump,last thing left.... Anyone have any thing to chime in about?? Someone has to have some idea as to what causes fuel pressure to bleed past the injectors...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Where at, or which one?. One that ties into ecu or duel system?
I would check the grounds to the engine block (they are virtually under the throttle bodies).

Your injectors work by ground interupts basically, they will stay open when the ignition is on if they are not grounded.

fAF

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
checked the injectors at 2 different harness' and they check out according to the service manual just fine. I am currently waiting on a new used fuel pump, but I still don't think that will cure this..
Really surprised that no one really has ever had anything even close to this happen....
Must be my wonderful luck or something..
Just to add I have been working on bikes and cars for quite some yrs now, this has got me confused....
Not a noob when it comes to checking things twice, so please if u have an idea of something to look into let it rip........

I'll be waiting............................................. for the snow to melt :(

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
checked the injectors at 2 different harness' and they check out according to the service manual just fine. I am currently waiting on a new used fuel pump, but I still don't think that will cure this..
Really surprised that no one really has ever had anything even close to this happen....
Must be my wonderful luck or something..
Just to add I have been working on bikes and cars for quite some yrs now, this has got me confused....
Not a noob when it comes to checking things twice, so please if u have an idea of something to look into let it rip........

I'll be waiting............................................. for the snow to melt :(
There is only 2 reasons why your injectors are leaking, one is because there is dirt in them not allowing them to close , or they arent grounded correctly , your fuel pump would not create more pressure or flow if it was blocked, broken or worn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I hope the newer clean set of injectors aren't dirty! I did take them apart and checked so I'm good there. Cleaned up the both grounds. Guess while I wait for the pump I will do some more electrical checks on the ecu. Might as well put the newer pump in since the original was so dirty!!...
Thanks for the help, no really, thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts