Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone has ran there 06 10r yet bone stock without being strapped or sprocketed. Im going tomorrow to better my [email protected] with a 2.21 60ft. My goal is a 1.9 or 2.0 60ft. Im still a beginner but I think if I nail a 2.0 or 1.9 I should be in the 10.90's hopefully. I know to most of you these are shitty times and 60's but you have to start somewhere and this is where im starting. I refuse to waste any money on the bike until I can get more out of it from my launching skills. I cut really good lights but my 60's are weak. Let me knowe what kind of 60 's everyone is cutting in there 06's. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
with strap, stock everything else to include gear, I ran a 1.72 60', 9.85, past weekend with partners bike.

·
Registered
174 Posts
TX06'10r said:
I was just curious if anyone has ran there 06 10r yet bone stock without being strapped or sprocketed. Im going tomorrow to better my [email protected] with a 2.21 60ft. My goal is a 1.9 or 2.0 60ft. Im still a beginner but I think if I nail a 2.0 or 1.9 I should be in the 10.90's hopefully. I know to most of you these are shitty times and 60's but you have to start somewhere and this is where im starting. I refuse to waste any money on the bike until I can get more out of it from my launching skills. I cut really good lights but my 60's are weak. Let me knowe what kind of 60 's everyone is cutting in there 06's. Thanks!
I can understand wanting to hine up your skills before dumping a bunch of money in the bike, but lowering the rear and strapping the front is more of an essential for drag racing than it is a "mod." You're just prepping the suspension for the type of riding you plan on doing, much like any other person would adjust the preload and shock settings on their bike for a track day.

You should be able to EASILY go bottom 10's on ANY liter bike with nothing more than strapping the front. Some practice will put you in the 9's just as easily.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GeorgeC said:
I can understand wanting to hine up your skills before dumping a bunch of money in the bike, but lowering the rear and strapping the front is more of an essential for drag racing than it is a "mod." You're just prepping the suspension for the type of riding you plan on doing, much like any other person would adjust the preload and shock settings on their bike for a track day.

You should be able to EASILY go bottom 10's on ANY liter bike with nothing more than strapping the front. Some practice will put you in the 9's just as easily.

What kind of 60ft's do you cut?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
GeorgeC said:

:+1:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GeorgeC said:

:+1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts