Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the chances of a 06 zx10r ohlins damper fitting on a 04 zx10r.

Any know?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You will have to change the damper mount or it will hit on full lock, a friend of mine did it, but the damper is way to weak anyway.

·
Registered
465 Posts
:eek:t: Is it just me (probably) or is the OEM 06 Steering Damper on the ZX10R useless? I honestly can not describe any significant change throughout the adjustable range. I think it must be mostly cosmetic. :eek:t:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
The Ohlins damper on the '06 has been "neutered" so that riders can't adjust it outside of the range that Kawasaki thinks it could be set to. Most OEM steering dampers don't give much damping - I guess they're concerned that people will fall over in parking lots because they're not used to the resistance ...

I've heard that replacing the oil with 20-weight helps. I'm not sure if this is the real issue or just a cover-up for a real issue, which probably involves less restriction in the valve.

But if you are putting a steering damper onto a 2004 - 2005 model, you might as well just buy a *real* non-neutered Ohlins damper and its mounting brackets ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts