Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 10r pc111 competition werkes single exhaust no exhaust valve
k&n filter ivans tre and dyno tuned. My problem is that the first time that I rev past 8,000 rpms my bike cuts out backfires and wants to kill when i try to give it more power. It does it in any gear. After it happens the initial time it doesnt do it again until I turn the bike off and re-start it. It seems like the computer is trying to change/compensate for some ratio that is off and then once I turn it off the computer resets. Please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that but it was all installed before they dyno tuned it? I had my secondaries out and thought that was the issue so I put them back in last night and it is still happening. As you can imagine it hurts pretty bad when you hit 8,000 rpms in first and it suddenly falls on its face!

·
Registered
90 Posts
well when you removed your exhaust valve did you take the servo motor out of the bike, if so the bike goes into something called limp mode where it imposes a early redline. if you disconected and removed this item, it is your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I just diconnected the cables. When I installed my tre I didnt do the tps mod which I dont understand. maybe thats my problem...what is it and what are the ill effects of not doing it? Oh yeah last night when I went for a ride I reved it past redline while rolling in gear with the clutch pulled in before I tried to open it up and the problem didnt happen. I turned the bike off three times and reved it each time and the problem doesnt happen!?! Thanks for helping...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts