Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doh!!! tipped the bike over in the garage tonight and got a pretty serious dent and scratch in the side of the frame. I'm looking for a clean frame with a title. Don't really want to total the bike out it's got a lot of work done to it. Anybody???

·
Registered
411 Posts
Doh!!! tipped the bike over in the garage tonight and got a pretty serious dent and scratch in the side of the frame. I'm looking for a clean frame with a title. Don't really want to total the bike out it's got a lot of work done to it. Anybody???
no sliders eh?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm in the same boat, dude. lookin for one myself.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would part my zx10r out if I knew the frame would sell. NO title (it never was titled) just a Ceritficate of Origin from the original dealer. I don't know what it's worth or you could buy my whole racebike and do what you want...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had sliders on it but it was up on stands and hit the corner of a shelf and stayed right there so thats the only damage to a mint '07 bike. Seems kinda silly to total it out for a small dent and scrape plus my rate would prob go up. I'm really only looking for a clean frame with a clean title and plan on keeping this frame too so I can prove that bike never really went down. I'm curious about the racebike though. So can it be registered/titled? If so i could just switch frames and have a nice new track machine. I've found a few on ebay but all come with a salvage title and they want like 2 grand. Just surfing the web I found a couple clean title frames for about $1000-$1500 but don't wanna get ripped off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
id say buy the blank frame and a set of stamps and restamp the new frame with your vin. i always did then when buying salvaged bikes with frame damage. hell, might as well blueprint the new frame when you get it in, youll love yourself for spending the money on it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
yes, you can get it titled and registered. comes with the original certificate of origin from the dealer (what you take to the court house to get a title). Your bike is mint except for the frame then if you wanted mine, it would need repainted as it's been a racebike it's whole life and shows some wear.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73910&highlight=feeler+racebike I updated the post.

·
Registered
281 Posts
try simpsoncycles.com the usually have frames and stuff with clear titles the here local pretty good people

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dang man that sucks I hope you find a frame at a good price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, first post here. Don't know if it would fit, but I have a complete 04 10R with 1200 kms minus the engine and electrics I'm selling. Sorry I've been out of the bike world for a while. I bought the bike new in 04 and got in a small wreck. The shop took 3.5 years to fix my bike and still didn't replace all the broken crap!! I don't have the money to get it back on the road so I'm building a car with the motor and the money from the rest of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
papad4872,
E-mail sent on the 2006 ZX-10R clean titled frame I have for sale if it will work for your application.
Talk to you later.
Thanks.
Marcel Graeber
MDG Racing
(805) 404-4191 (cell)
[email protected]
Ex-AMA #767 / WSMC #767

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a clean title 2006 zx10 frame for $1750. I`m located in Ontario, Canada about an hour from Detroit. Bike is still all together so you can check it over before I take it apart. I just got it in. If interested you can reach me at 519 402 2453. Thanks, Cory

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I had sliders on it but it was up on stands and hit the corner of a shelf and stayed right there so thats the only damage to a mint '07 bike. Seems kinda silly to total it out for a small dent and scrape plus my rate would prob go up. I'm really only looking for a clean frame with a clean title and plan on keeping this frame too so I can prove that bike never really went down. I'm curious about the racebike though. So can it be registered/titled? If so i could just switch frames and have a nice new track machine. I've found a few on ebay but all come with a salvage title and they want like 2 grand. Just surfing the web I found a couple clean title frames for about $1000-$1500 but don't wanna get ripped off.
DAMN YOU IKEA!!! But seriously that sucks. I see new Frames on oem part websites all the time for just under 1000. Are these not registered frames?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I just found this blog and read your previous situation. I currently am looking for a new frame with a clear title for my 07 ZX10R and was wondering where you were able to find one and how the process went for you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts