Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
well it did lower my times by 0.10 sec. I was runnin 6.8's all the time and with the c-16 ran 6.7's
sorry but that is just a fluke, Your bike will make less HP on race gas. Higher octane means less power in most of the cases.

Race gas is for Higher compression motors.

now u-4 or MR9 are in a different class and will make power.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It helps if you know who you are talking to before you try to slam them.
Dude, I was making fun of you for putting c16 in a stock motor making you a squid (someone who thinks they know a lot more about bikes than they do). Apparently that went over your head.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
ok back on subject...... what kinda exhaust are you running?????????

sounds like you have open headers????

if your running the bike like this that could have about 100% affect on the bikes performance, they are not meant to have open headers and you do not gain power like that, your better off running a stock exhaust????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yep it sure is open headers..... I just took off my exhaust because one day i 12 o'clocked my bike and messed up the exhaust.

Isn't the servo there to maintain the back pressure?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yep it sure is open headers..... I just took off my exhaust because one day i 12 o'clocked my bike and messed up the exhaust.

Isn't the servo there to maintain the back pressure?
absoutly not....

your bike is probably down on power like crazy.

these bikes are not old v-8's that you can yank the pipes off them and make power... you will make more power with stock pipes than open headers....

I would get a normal exhaust before you start looking for injectors and such... loud pipes on sportbikes are usually pieces of shit...

stay away from boz brothers type pipes.... worthless.

just my opinion though

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
??? What does the servo motor do then ???

I know when people get a full exhaust they just do away with it but then their F1 light stays on. I know you can get a thing to bypass that tho.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
??? What does the servo motor do then ???

I know when people get a full exhaust they just do away with it but then their F1 light stays on. I know you can get a thing to bypass that tho.
its for mostly noise emmissions and tuning on stock pipes... if you disconnect the cables from the servo you wont throw a code at all, you need to get a pipe on that bike ASAP

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i still got a set of pipes, but they have the race baffels in them with the vance&hines packing in it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ok... got my pipes on and been runnin 85 octain. Ran some fuel injector cleaner through a tank of gas and still at 7grand my bike cuts out. If i squeez in the clutch and rev it, it still cuts out a 7k.

The bike runs great below 7k. it is in all the gears at 7k it cuts out.

??? Any ideas ???

·
Registered
555 Posts
video has a lot of background niose .so its tough call. sounds fuel related doesn't pop like loss of spark. check fuel pressure and volume.. i don't think replacing injector will help.. did you pull codes? does bike has after market ignition box? . not enough info on bike mods. if stock then its fuel pump failing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The F1 light doesnt come on while im ridn. The only mods are: K&N air filter and a ATRE.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The F1 light doesnt come on while im ridn. The only mods are: K&N air filter and a ATRE.
Maybe a faulty Fuel pump as well...listen to Garth a Stock Pipe and even low octane is better in your situation. I have rolled past a few members on this site with Full systems/PCIII with my bike around 100-150mph with my bike only having a slip-on. One of my best drag runs is with 87oct and do 6.5s all day long if my clutch is set right and I weigh 215lbs with all gear.

bloo

PS...moving this thread to performance and tech section

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Maybe a faulty Fuel pump as well...listen to Garth a Stock Pipe and even low octane is better in your situation. I have rolled past a few members on this site with Full systems/PCIII with my bike around 100-150mph with my bike only having a slip-on. One of my best drag runs is with 87oct and do 6.5s all day long if my clutch is set right and I weigh 215lbs with all gear.

bloo

PS...moving this thread to performance and tech section
have fun with crap gas, ill stick with premium.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The reason most race gas makes less power on a bike motor is because the burn speed of most race gas is slower than regular gasoline. This doesn't have anything to do with the octane. The octane and the burn speed are 2 different properties of the fuels. Fuels like MS109 E85 and Q16 will tend to make more power since they are oxygenated fuels. The piston speed on a bike is so high that even a slightly slower burn speed will greatly affect where peak cylinder pressure occurs in relation to spark advance, so without timing corrections you may not be able to fully recover the lost power due to the slower burn speed.. Now its still advisable to run higer octane race fuels for nitrous, turbo, or really high compression builds to take advantage of the resisitance to detonation. But on a stock engine the oxygenated fuels or regular gasolines are going to be your best bet.

C16 will not cause an injector to fail. There is definatly sothinging else wrong with your bike. That sounds like a complete ignition or fuel cut of some sort. Check things like your sidestand switch, engine run switch, those type of things, if you have a PC or bazzaz check all your connections to and from it. Good Luck.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if the bike is cutting at 7k, its possible your secondary butterflies are not opertaing correctly... which would cause the bike to stumble, you can remove the secondary's and see if it clears it up, search the forms for some more info...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
have fun with crap gas, ill stick with premium.
thanks for confirming your on the attack to a Mod...yes with crap gas or even premium have been 121mph in the 1/8 mile...CP your about to take a Time OUT..careful it's now 2 threads. :badteeth:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
if the bike is cutting at 7k, its possible your secondary butterflies are not opertaing correctly... which would cause the bike to stumble, you can remove the secondary's and see if it clears it up, search the forms for some more info...
What purpose do the secondary flies serve?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts