Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get a bunch of people telling me I cant do it without a bunch of mods just know I found a member on here that bolted a gen1 tail directly onto a gen2 with no mods or problems. If you are going to ask why I would want to change it just know that I like it. If you have pics of a gen2 tail swap please post them so I can see what I am about to undertake. I was told I couldn't put a gen2 swingarm on my 05 already...:stir:

·
Registered
658 Posts
lol, the only difference between 1st and 2nd gen tails are the turn signals, just buy the turnsignals and make some holes for them

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, the only difference between 1st and 2nd gen tails are the turn signals, just buy the turnsignals and make some holes for them
:jerkit:
I knew it! I ask for pics and get zero value coments... --> that has been tried and they do not fit. Also I hope you don't really think thats the difference.

Damnit!:thefinger

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try a quick photoshop bud.
The spacings on the subframe mountings are the same but a very slightly different angle on how they sit - not massive though.
Easiest way is get someone near you who doesn't mind lending you a spare to see?

·
Registered
3 Posts
did it work

did u ever get this to work ,thinking tha same thing but using the gen2 subframe as a bolt on job ?????

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Not sure how the rear seat will mount on there because they use different mounting points for the rear seat, the gen 1 has 2 prongs that come out on the edges and the gen 2 has a latch in the middle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
06-07 tail on 04

I was thinking of just fitting the complete tail end of the 06-07 ,ie seats plastic sub frame the lot just don't know if it will fit without modding the 06 sub frame ????don't want to get it all just to find out it wont fit on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts