Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just fitted a Racefit Growler on my 07 ZX10-R and was wondering if this exhaust requires a PCIII and remap?

At the moment I don't have a PCIII and the bike is running really bad between 3500 - 5500rpm. The exhaust note changes and it sounds like the bike is struggling to make power. After 5500rpm the bike sounds and runs fine.

The only other mods I have done are 16t front sprocket, 1/5 throttle insert and removed the secondaries. The bike was running perfect before I fitted the Growler.

Has anyone else run a Racefit Growler on an 06-07 without a PCIII? I didn't expect it to run perfect without remapping, but at the moment it is almost too bad to ride.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey,

Just fitted a Racefit Growler on my 07 ZX10-R and was wondering if this exhaust requires a PCIII and remap?

At the moment I don't have a PCIII and the bike is running really bad between 3500 - 5500rpm. The exhaust note changes and it sounds like the bike is struggling to make power. After 5500rpm the bike sounds and runs fine.

The only other mods I have done are 16t front sprocket, 1/5 throttle insert and removed the secondaries. The bike was running perfect before I fitted the Growler.

Has anyone else run a Racefit Growler on an 06-07 without a PCIII? I didn't expect it to run perfect without remapping, but at the moment it is almost too bad to ride.
I have the Growler on my 2nd Gen and my bike runs like a champ. But i do have a PC3 and a custom map done. your best bet is to add a PC3 with custom map. thats my :2cents:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am interested in a growler for my 2nd gen, you guys have a full system or just slipons. I like the way 2nd gen looks with da growler

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
racefits are just slip ons, but the cool thing about your second gens is the Y that holders the cats can be unbolted and easly gutted so basically making it as free flowing as a full system, but I would say you need a pc for sure and a solid tune after

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Definately needs retuned, very little backpressure along with the removal of the exhaust valve is what's making it struggle there in the low-mid range, up top might not be too bad though. I removed my secondaries at the same time and that made the bike really lean, and nearly unrideable, I hated it. I have the Growler mated up to the Arrow Racing Collectors now, not a perfect fit but I've got it and fucking love it, Arrow makes a great collector design.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You have a bad Growler! plain and simple.
Sell to me asap to avoid loosing too much $.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definately needs retuned, very little backpressure along with the removal of the exhaust valve is what's making it struggle there in the low-mid range, up top might not be too bad though. I removed my secondaries at the same time and that made the bike really lean, and nearly unrideable, I hated it. I have the Growler mated up to the Arrow Racing Collectors now, not a perfect fit but I've got it and fucking love it, Arrow makes a great collector design.
I removed my secondaries before fitting the growler, and like you found the bike totally un-rideable. I've since refitted the secondaries and have ordered a PCIII. The bike is running better with the secondaries but still has a big flat spot between 4-5k rpm. As soon as I fit the PCIII I'll remove the secondaries again.

I've also ordered a delkevic mid pipe to replace the cats. The growler sounds absolutely awesome, can't wait to get the bike running right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can sombody tell me wat remapping is im about to get a new exhaust and it comes with a custom map is that somthing i can do myself wat do i have to have to do it or do i need to send it to the shop and how much is that to do???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts